News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona

Started by brads3, November 26, 2019, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

2ND ATTEPMT to use RKEC above the DS IM mod

in the last attempt, the happiness level was stuck. no matter what i tried,it never improved. that led to production drops and the bannies finally went on strike.

i disabled the safety mod so it doesn't override the DS mod. KID made a patch mod to improve the education.this alters the education requirements or penalty for the main food workers.should not affect the DS production buildigs.this mod loads before TOM'S NORSEMAN mod which controls the happiness. this education patch should let the game progress smoother and faster. as bannies are sent out from the Landing Fort to settle new lands,they would have came with some job assignments and training. with the patch,the nomads have half the training. they can hunt and farm without the need for schooling.

mods added:     added KID's railroad and forest trader mods.and the chopchop mod.

i think these land or auto traders help. with so many items in the inventory,traders get so busy  restocking 1item and never seem to stock all the items sent to the trade posts.as i sent ore logs in the last map,they stocked less gold and saddles. even with more workers,the trade posts never get fully stocked.the CC native indian TP is costly and is limited to ainly trading ale.RED's railroad mod does have stations to move different goods textiles,supplies,alcohol. it trades for coins and then trades the coins for food.it is limited to 1.06 flags and items. it works well but doesn't move many of the newer items.

[Misc]
Description=RKEC DSIM|RK 1.3 K full setup||| 1.04 pine mod w/ Crystal Cliffs as a patch||improved  education,safety mod off
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
overrideUneducated=1
Norseman=1
ProperTime=0
banishedUImaps=1
SafetyHole=0
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSStoneHovels=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSLogHomes=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFulbertWrightHousing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
Charburner=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBWinery=1
KidRailway=1
KidForestTrader=1
ChopChop=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
ChooChoo=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
DecorativeItems=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
NordicWarehouse=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
MarbleQuarry=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
MexicanFantasy=0
EBIrrigation=0
EBIrrigationNatural=0
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=0
KidSBVMission=0

brads3

MAP: Hulberona,34899227,pine wood moutains,very large,fair,no disasters,medium 3      bison,lettuce,and corn

GOAL: add the DSIM to the RKEC and test the new patch and trade mods. 
if the mod order works, i plan to build a train from 1 corner to the opposite map corner with 2 functioning trade station
towns.

wow, this is a lumpy map. it will be fun to buid a railroad through these canyons. it will wind from here to the northeast corner and down to the southwest corner of the map.

our job was simple enough,survey the land and build a camp to welcome new workers. we plant 2 fields and clear a 20x25 pasture for the bison.to conserve stone,we start with plymouth houses. it snowed before the last house was finished.  we spend part of the winter gathering fruit and hunting elk.

happiness is down to 3 stars and health is 3 and a half hearts.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3: start camp
pic 4: workshops

brads3

YEAR 2 and 3

to support work crews,we will need to stockpile food. how quickly will the happiness drop affect the outputs? in this tight canyon,there isn't much land to gather food from either. we will have to hunt any animals that do waunder into it.

we plant a 3rd field.we add 2 storage barns,1 near the lettuce field and 1 near the pasture.to store more materials,an EB material market is built at the edge of the canyon.this will keep us from filling the workpile and store logs and minerals for the railroad tracks.

we add a 50% welcome sign for new workers.we use the 3rd year to clear around the start camp and a path to the river.on the other side appears to be a larger valley for mines to supply iron.some goods and livestock can be shipped down the river.

a dock market square was built to distribute our food.this should help improve our diets.it has a larger area and doesn't require iron or stone. health is down to 3 hearts

pic 1: 3rd field planted
pic 2: EB  material market
pic 3: overview of the start canyon
pic 4: CC dock market plaza

brads3

YEAR 4 and 5

the 1st set of helpers arrived.there were 11 of them,7 adults with 4 chidren.they were sent to supply logs and iron for the train tracks.a KID forest and gatherer are setup in a canyon to the south.it opens to the river where animals come to drink.an old hunter cabin will hunt the area.

to suppy iron they send 2 workers to dig a tiny iron mine.

the 2nd set is 17,10 aduts with 7 children. they have come to establish a church,school, and clinic for the workers.the nomad sign is decreased to 20%. we plow 3 more fields. a cemetary will replace the south corn field.2 more workers are sent to help at the iron mine.a mini butcher will cut bsion steaks and a mini still will process honey.

hopefully, all that will start to increase the happiness. this was a quick push to see if the happiness will work.

pic 1: KID forest canyon
pic 2: tiny mine
pic 3: pine church,a school,and a healer
pic 4: honey still
pic 5: tiny butcher

Nilla

Don´t forget a well if you want them happy. If that´s not enough; some booze will do the trick.

brads3

i didn't forget. DS has a nice refernece tool to his mod that works in game.click his tool bar and opens a window with lots of info. testing and understanding the happiness system is ongoing. stay tuned.

@Nilla  where have you been? you have been much too quiet lately.did you see the smoke signals the other day? i had an issue and almost had to come find you.

brads3

YEAR 6

we need to collect stone for the cemetary and some wells.hopefully we see movement to the happiess graph before it hurts the production levels.we are short of fruit so our health doesn't improve. still we would expect  some of the bannies to show an improved happiness due to the school,church,and mead.i would like to know if this will work before we start laying the tracks.

with the 1st well dug,1 family shows full happiness and heath.we would have expected progress but not full stars.i still have concerns but there is hope that the norseman happiness is working. as long as the bannies don't get depressed and go on strike,this should be workable.

pic 1: citizen graph
pic 2: cemetary
pic 3: the family in the center house shows full stars,happiness seams to show 3 stars or full,all or nothing.

brads3

YEAR 7 to 9

in spring of year 7,11 helpers arrive,6 adults with 5 children.they are to supply stone for the bridges and tunnels.we also will need another forest for more logs. to keep the forest out of the way of the railroad,we will build a bridge across the river from the 1st forest. this way the logs can be moved north to the minie valley and supply them with firewood and venison.for the stonea KID tiny quarry will haul stone near the iron mine. it will give enough stone to get us across the river to the mine valley.

our 1st death. the gatherer ate poisonesd berries.our 2nd was caused by a cavein.

the 2nd forest is an RK forest with a tower hunter and 2 of KID's small trapper shack houses. an apple tree was planted with a beehive to supply more mead and fruit.

we take a year to do some cleanup around the start camp and restock supplies.

some may think of the tiny mine as a cheat.  in my series,these bannies are sent fro a fort with jobs to help expand the settlemets or in this case build the railroad.they wouldn't be sent without some supplies ad training,however banished doesn't allow for that. these little extra help mods solve that.here the quick iron supply will help move this train along quicker. it is so easy to use iron and then realize you need some in order to build a processor to smelt the iron ore. a mod or 2 that can supply iron will save you some frustration of waiting forever for a merchant to bring that needed iron.   

pic 1: forest 2
pic 2: tiny quarry
pic 3: apple beekeeper
pic 4:camp cleanup

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 70,34 workers and 8 students.education down to 29%. there is movement to the happiness graph and health depends on how much fruit we gather.we have iron for the rails. hopefully the 2 forests will supply enough logs so we can lay train tracks.

this map is going to be challenging. the huge mountains is like being in West Virginia. space for food production is very limited.keeping the bannies happy while they move materials clear to the far opposite corners of the map won't be easy.it will be treacherous and tedious work.

the start camp grew into a village quickly. i would prefer more stockpiles of supplies and materials by now.i used a shortcut to the iron process but we also used lots of materials and time to build the city service buildings.we are tight on food and logs.much of nearby stone to the west has been collected and used as well.

happiness and health-  no disease outbreaks,but we did have 2 deaths from accidents. there was a short lived jump to happiness on a few bannies.that gives hope and confidence that i can continue this map. however there are many questions.

if i slow down accepting nomads to every 3 years,we should have time for the food and supplies to recover.once we get the tracks layed across the river,we can use the larger valley.i'll improve the iron process and our output of supplies. that is our goal for the next 10 years,survive and gain access to the mine valley.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: citizen graph

brads3

YEAR 10 to 12

the nomad welcome sign is decreased to 10%. the bannies clear more logs and minerals.

the next set of helpers were delayed. the 7 of them arrived in summer of year 11.storms had delayed the start of their journey. then a lady went into labor.with the newborn,the family decided they would not travel any farther.  reluctantly,the group stayed to help build the family a cabin.then the 6 adults and child continued their trip.

they went to work buiding the train tracks.they decided to raise the tracks through our village so the children would be safer. the bannies do jump up and back down half way across the DS raised tracks.they do this even at the road spaces.it does line up well with both RED's and KID's tracks.

pic 1: track construction start
pic 2: DS raised tracks,bannies do jump up as they walk over or under these tracks
pic 3: tracks thru town

Nilla

I´m not gone, Brad. I´m temporarily over at Tom´s site, testing his closed beta for North 7. It´s a great mod, getting more and more bug-free,  I guess he will soon open it for everyone to try out. There´s some really nice new features.

brads3

YEAR 13 and 14

to produce more logs faster,we double the foresters.we had a stone walk bridge finished across the river before the next group of help arrived. apparently a family had chosen to stay at the farmstead on the way.they reported that the mother and child were well. the family was quite content in their quiet valley. the other 8,5 workers and 3 children, had arrived ready to work.

there was a small knoll of dirt that had to be moved beffore they coud reach the valley. as soon as it was moved,they built a stone boardinghouse for the winter.

marble was found in the valley. it will be traded for food and supplies.to ship the heavy marble a CC dock trade post with a crane is built.

up til this year,the bannies have worked well. right as the wells were built, a few showed improved happiness.since everyone fell back to 3 stars.they have maintained the food production.now however the laboreres are going idle.health has been improving.construction work slows to a crawl. why?

i would think the new helpers would be happy enough to keep working even if it was depression related to the original bannies being stuck at 3stars too long. why did the happiness of the original show an increase with the wells and the dropped back down? why does the effects happen all of a sudden? they have been tight o firewood but nobody has been cold. by now,the population has outgrown the church and school. that does not explain the lack of gain to happiness over the years. is it set that the map progresses until the population hits 50 adults? everyone works until they switch to being laborers.

3rd attempt to solve this. the bannies do not like the pine church when it is full.when i disabled the church they went to work.apparently they would rather not go to church than to be crowded. the bannies do have minds of their own and can be strange.

health to 4 hearts,happiness stuck at 3 stars. seems to be an all or nothing to the individual bannies showing happiness.

pic 1: railroad bridge
pic 2: boardinghouse
pic 3: dock trade post and log scavenger
pic 4: Nordic wharehouse

brads3

YEAR 15

logs are floated down the river to supply the railraod workers.the trading post ships marble,leather coats,and some excess goods. DS Fulbert houses were built for the traders,a row of hovels for the quarry and railroad builders.

pic 1: Fulbert houses
pic 2: ds hovels
pic 3: TP stocks

brads3

YEAR 16 and 17

a 2nd fishing dock is built to provide more food.a tiny school will teach the forest workers' children. the trade post takes in 600 sugar beets, 110 charcoal, and another trade of 4000 food.

13 bannies arrive,9 workers and 4 children. these wil supply some services to the mine and railroad workers.a Sherbrooke market,a tiny hospital,an RK stone chapel,and a school are built. the railroad workers built a DS construction yard since it can produce a variety of useful goods including lumber. to keep the miners supplied with tools,a DS smith hearth will make copper tools.

south of the mine valley close to the river,is designated to farms. 4 fields are cleared.

now the pine church can be enabled again.

pic 1: 2nd fishing dock
pic 2: forest school
pic 3: DS construction yard,tiny clinic,and pine market,
pic 4; river farms
pic 5: RK stone church and school

brads3

YEAR 18

stats say we need 2 houses for graduates. these 4 workers should expand food production.where? we head south the the RK forest.just north of it we plow 2 more fields.a wood cutter will work to increase firewood.with it closer to the forests,it will be more efficient.  a mill and bakery should help us stretch the corn.

we got a delivery of eggs.we also trade for grape seed.

health is at 4 and a half hearts,happiness still at 3 stars.

pic 1; south farms ust north of the RK forest
pic 2: forest wood chopper
pic 3: stone bakery and mill