News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Butterville

Started by brads3, February 20, 2020, 07:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

since KID made the farmyards i started a new map. this will be a small, Genesis start, farming map.plan is to fill the whole map with no nomads.

added KID's settler deco,workshop with deco,block tiles,5x5 covers,and farmyards,added farmyard mod
moved KID portable mine higher in KID's group, went back to propertime with nordic climate,
on advice from @tuggistar ,moved the Crystal Cliffs between the new flora and pine mods,this patches the pine and RKEC without any crashes

mod count 128

[Misc]
Description=RKEC DSIM |RK 1.3 K full setup|| pine mod w/ Crystal Cliffs as a patch||improved  education,safety mod off
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
HappinessRadius=1
UnhappinessRadius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
overrideUneducated=1
ProperTime=1
Norseman=1
banishedUImaps=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
LandscapeNordic (1)=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSStoneHovels=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSLogHomes=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFulbertWrightHousing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBWinery=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeach=1
KidPortableMineRKEC=1
KidWorkshop=1
KidFarmyard=1
KWFarmyard=1
KidSettlersDeco=1
KidRailway=1
ChopChop=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
ChooChoo=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
DecorativeItems=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
Charburner=1
NordicWarehouse=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
MarbleQuarry=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1

brads3

Butterville,40659427, valley,small,mild nordic climate,no disasters,Genesis start   2 young couples with an 8 year old girl

even thou we have no seeds or livestock,we have many new options with the Farmyard mod. we set 2 5x5 yards,1 to make tools and clothing and 1 family to cut firewood. we'll have a variety of food,goats for milk, and chickens for eggs. it was a long trip here. horses pulled the wagon over hills and thru lots of mud along the way.

we settled near a pear tree and berry bush by a small stream. once the corn and oats were planted,we built 2 EB farm houses which lined up with our farmyards. a barn was built for the animals and a shed for the chickens.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3:goats
pic 4: horses
pic 5: chickens

galensgranny

The grass looks beautiful!  I never had grass like that.  What gets it like that?   What are those houses?  I thought I knew most all. 

Edit:  I didn't read carefully. I see that you wrote they were EB farmhouses.

brads3

that is RED's fodder grass from the RKEC mod.those EB farmhouses hold 4 children to help grow the population quicker. they set super well with KID's wild west houses.

Jewelz

brads3

Crystal cliffs is a mod by Necora. has animal pens that require domestic animals to build. some reason this mod bridges or patches the pine mod and RKEC so they work together.http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1558.msg29338#msg29338

Jewelz

Aw, man! I love those pens. I already am too far into 5 villages now, though.  I have never loaded the Pine mod either.

Next time!

brads3

YEAR  2-4

this will take some time to get the bannies to multiply. each year we plan to do something to improve our small homesteads.  year 2, we cleared and fenced a pasture for the animals.we were tired of tripping over the workpile and decided to move it in year 3.lean to storage for firewood along the fence fence and a lean to beside 1 farmhouse will give space for any extra logs and thatch.

as Lora grew up,she helped gather firewood,herbs,and picked berries.she began to help in the garden more to increase the firewood output.to feed the animals thru the winters, we built a hay barn.

Granny the pasture has decorative grass from EB's irigation deco and KID's plant mods. i tried using Necora's block tiles to stop trees from growing and it dug out lots of RED's fodder grass.

pic 1:pasture fenced
pic 2:pile needs moved
pic 3:lean to storages for firewood and materials
pic 4: hay barn

galensgranny

It's all looking so nice, Brad!  I realized why nothing in my game looks as bright, and why EB Farmhouses in my game have a light gray colored roof instead of that nice light brown as in your pictures;  I have the resolution and shadow quality set on low because otherwise, my game runs very slow.   I put everything back on high, and it all looks much better.  I will build and play on low, then put it back on high during a pause to see the true beauty of everything.

It's good that Kid and EB made those grasses for decorative pastures. 

I don't have the patience to wait so long for more Bannies as you do.

brads3

HaHa. yes it is slow. i am used to expanding and taking on nomads. been hard to find stuff to do each year. i try to think as the bannies and "what would they do?". some years we only cut trees and clear rocks.made sure to gather food early on so we were ahead.

my graphics are set at medium all the time.

Nilla

Good to see a new town from you, beatutiful pictures, as always!

brads3

YEAR 5-7

4 children have been born.the outputs from the farmyards is decent except firewood. we do need to gather branches that fall from the trees.we have collected herbs and some roots and onions.we have not hunted.

we made 2 picnic tables, a tiny chopper upgrades our firewod. Lora has talked us into restoring the covered wagon that we came here with. this will work as a townhall for NILLA's stats.

a house was built for Lora when she turned 15.the backyard was fenced. she grows herbs while she keeps watch on the children.

pic 1: supply list and outputs of the farmyards
pic 2: restored wagon will serve as a townhall
pic 3: LORA's house,
pic 4:  Lora's herbs and flowers

galensgranny

I like how you used Kid's Combo spot herbalist.  It makes sense to not have an entire building all the time.

brads3

YEAR 8 and 9

we neede more grain to feed the animals. a field is cleared and planted in oats and corn. a rough mini shed will store the grain.we cut more trees  to expand the hay field and clear the rocks.

the wood cutter helps as a laborer along with the builder. they cut trees and help with the animals. we did gather food a few years. we do use more firewood than the farmyards cut. otherwise we don't need  anything. until the children grow up, there is no need to expand.

pic 1: feed grain fields
pic 2: hay field and  grain shed

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population has more than doubled. the 2 EB houses have 4 children in each. the 2 farmyards produce over 900 food plus clothing ,tools,and some firewood.the 2 families are quite content. the animals are well fed.Lora keeps watch of the small children as she grows herbs. the 2 8yr old boys will soon be old enough to help more.

YEAR 10 and 11

the wood cutter continues cutting logs and firewood.the builder helps him. together they cut trees in the spring and summer. in the fall,the grain and hay is cut for the animals.firewood is chooped and stacked in the winter.they are always busy.Lora has the children help her pick berries and dig roots and onions from late summer on til the ground freezes..even without an official school, she teaches them survival skills.

even though Lora enjoys teaching the children during the day, she enjoys having the evenings to herself. she chose not to have any of the children move in with her. at 19,she has the largest house in the valley all to herself.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graph
pic 5: overview