News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Bigger Families by Alycya

Started by Alycya, September 05, 2014, 03:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alycya

I'm gradually getting the hang of this modding lark, as long as I don't have to do anything to do with graphics!!

This mod increases the maximum number of residents in both wooden and stone houses to 6  :)

To maximise its usefulness, I've also reduced the minimum gap between pregnancies and increased the maximum childbearing age to 50 rather than the current 40.

I tried to expand the residence dialogue box so you didn't have to scroll, but every time I played with those parameters the game crashed horribly, so I've given up for now!

Have fun and let me know if you find any problems  :D

Edit - tweaked slightly for better balance! Max childbearing age is now 45 and I've slightly increased the minimum gap between pregnancies (but still lower than in the vanilla game).

RedKetchup

wow ! you are doing well ! 2 more children and you've got my mother and father family ^^ i am the last one of a 6 children production ^^

i think when we will have all mods finished.... this game will be SO GREAT !
so exited !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

This mod is a serious change to the game, 20% more people in a house, 40% longer childbearing years.

Denis de la Rive

I assume this works well with your school mod, I want to use both, they would balance nicely!

Alycya

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 05, 2014, 06:24:13 PM
I assume this works well with your school mod, I want to use both, they would balance nicely!

Unfortunately they clash as they both edit the same file. I'm sorting a combined mod though - watch this space  :)

Quote from: irrelevant on September 05, 2014, 04:41:44 PM
This mod is a serious change to the game, 20% more people in a house, 40% longer childbearing years.

I've tweaked the maximum childbearing age to 45 as you're right, 50 is too high - I've updated the file here. Families were always able to have more than 3 children if the older ones moved out quickly enough. I kept a family tree for one of my vanilla games and one of my founding families had 7 children!

canis39

Going to try this with the "Adam and Eve" mod. Great work!

Denis de la Rive

I been running your mod for about 15 game years, and noticed the following: the larger families have dried up an I'm getting many young singles, even a child once, (it's not a sex difference thing), and families are forming with one partner as young as two. I want to try your school mod next.

rkelly17

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 11, 2014, 03:03:06 PM
I been running your mod for about 15 game years, and noticed the following: the larger families have dried up an I'm getting many young singles, even a child once, (it's not a sex difference thing), and families are forming with one partner as young as two. I want to try your school mod next.

I don't know about the mod at all, but having one parent and a child is often a symptom of too many houses. One partner moves out with about half the children--they do not stop having children, though. Is there another house nearby with an adult and child?

Alycya

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 11, 2014, 03:03:06 PM

I've found that the larger families stop coming later in the game too. I was looking at another forum and they were suggesting that the max number of children for 2nd generation and subsequent families is in another file that we currently don't have access to.

The marriage age has increased in the mod to 14, so they won't move in with someone else until they're both over 14, which might cause the young singles issue - I've had that too. As rkelly17 says, if you've got one parent and one child in a house it's probably because you have too many houses - try marking one of those with a single adult and child in for destruction (if you don't want it actually deleted, make sure you have 0 builders!) and seeing if they move back in with the other part of the family!

rkelly17

Quote from: Alycya on September 12, 2014, 01:57:24 AM
I was looking at another forum and they were suggesting that the max number of children for 2nd generation and subsequent families is in another file that we currently don't have access to.

That's just plain weird.

irrelevant

Quote from: Alycya on September 12, 2014, 01:57:24 AM
As rkelly17 says, if you've got one parent and one child in a house it's probably because you have too many houses - try marking one of those with a single adult and child in for destruction (if you don't want it actually deleted, make sure you have 0 builders!) and seeing if they move back in with the other part of the family!
You don't really need to have 0 builders, the process of tearing down a house takes some time, and you can hit the reclaim button right up to the end; it will be perfectly fine.

Unless you forget about it, of course; then it will be gone  ;D

Denis de la Rive

Thanks for your answers will keep running it and see.