News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Download and Talks

Started by Tom Sawyer, January 28, 2018, 06:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Looking for compatible mods I find it not clear with sections for normal mods and 1.0.7 mods. Some are here and some there. Same with discussion forums. I did not understand this splitting at that time but now it's for sure not necessary anymore to split it. Maybe to join again download areas and mod discussion forums? Just a suggestion. :)

Abandoned

Or rename old mod thread as archives. Retitle and description of thread.  :-\

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on January 28, 2018, 06:22:34 AM
Or rename old mod thread as archives. Retitle and description of thread.  :-\

Archives would be a good name in my book :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i have mixed feelings on some of that. 1st don't throw away or delete the older mods. there are some goodies in there.if anything happened to our computers,do we have copies of everything? i actually have most pulled to a flashdrive but does everyone?plus i think some of the older mods are good to leave for new players to try.

as to naming the older blogs or pages archives or old,i see no problem with changing names.it is good to have a section for developing and  a section for what has been put out.RED has his blog and KID also. but if you need info on 1 particular mod or have a problem,it should go under the individual mod page.doesn't always work that way since it is harder to locate the post blog.it is helpful to have info on a particular mod all  in  1 spot. say this barn holds x amount,market stores food,fuel,etc but not minerals.sometimes this info is only found by trial and error of using the mod. the info woule handier to new players though.

i think the download section was done that way to kinda draw a line between older and new mods.like we changed an era.many of the mods before the changes have been upgraded by now. there are many that will never be upgraded though.TOM may be right that we no longer need the separation line.