News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Happiness Testing

Started by smurphys7, January 03, 2018, 09:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antiligent

Discrepancy

@Antiligent , it is only available when playing through the modkit through the debug tool (the option is not available in the normal game and the code seems to be hidden from us):

Antiligent

@Discrepancy Sadly, because i would to have a circle guides for placing circle roads

elemental

Kralyerg made a Happiness Radius mod and an Unhappiness Radius mod. They aren't the same as overlays but they do work without the mod kit. Anyone who is interested can find them in his kave:

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/articles.html/gettingstarted/kave-master-list-r52/

It would be interesting to see happiness become relevant in the game. On the other hand... How does it work with those circles? Do they have to live within the church circle to get church happiness? Understandable for wells, but it sounds a bit crazy for churches. So long as there are enough churches to cover population, that should be enough to keep them happy.

Perhaps Luke abandoned the happiness system because it was going to make the game too complicated.

Tom Sawyer

@elemental As far as I figured it out by making happiness more visible is that the church has a kind of double effect, just as Luke wrote in help text. One is given to people who live in the circle and the other to attended people. Both are only active with a working priest. All other aspects are working by this overlapping circle concept. The hospital needs a worker as well as the market and the tavern only provides happiness while alcohol is stored. These requirements can be modded. To show happiness circles (also of decreasing objects) will be important when the effect is relevant. So these mods by Kralyerg make sense then and probably I will also show them.

Yesterday I made some tests again and could somehow quantify the consequences of unhappiness. I let woodcutters work in different states and workers with 3 stars made about 700 - 800 firewood while a worker with full happiness made about 1000. A depressed worker was idling more often and made about 500 - 700 firewood but this was hard to test because of this irregular behavior and rotating workers. If I'm not wrong and it was not only an effect of something else, then to decrease default happiness will indeed hit the efficiency of bannies and to care about it will be important. To play with it even gave me a feeling of a new survival aspect. We are so used to always see 4.5 - 5 stars.^^