News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mulled mead

Started by Voeille, May 11, 2018, 04:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

Is it just me or does it seem extremely profitable? To make 5 of it, you need 1 mead (which requires 60 honey, or 40 honey + 20 water, and that gives 10 mead), and 1 herb. The value of 1 mulled mead is 15. So, for the input of 64, you get 50 mulled mead of value 750, which is a lot. It does seem slower in production though, even if all ingredients are present.

brads3

Nilla can answere this better. you didn't add the work time at all. you have work invested in producing the ingrediensa plus the processing. you also have to feed and care for those workers.

i look at it different than that. 1 the mead or any ale is going to take away food. i also have other goods that can be produced quicker to get a good value.mead or ale is something as a feel good item.the bannies work hard and if we have the extra food,it is nice to give them the luxury.kinda like RL. we work hard and maybe get a vacation, if nothing breaks and takes up the $$.LOL

Nilla

Sorry, she can't answer that. I have never produced mulled mead. From which mod is it? DS small town? But with your numbers it sounds very profitable. But of course, as you say, you must consider the annual production and that there are two steps; 2 worker.

When I calculate the profit, I use to calculate the profit for 1 unit. I'm not sure but I think mead is worth 8. The production cost is 6. That gives a profit of 2 for each mead. If 500 mead is produced each year, it will give you a trade profit of 1000. (As Brad says, you will not get all of it to the port/mulled wine producer, your Bannis will drink some on the way but let's forget that.

You say you get 5 mulled wine worth 15 from 1 mead and 1 herb. Is it really so? It sounds strange. Doesn't sound like @Discrepancy at all. The production cost is only 2,4, the profit 12,6. So even if it only produces 100 mulled wine each year the annual profit is high.

Voeille

Yes, it's from DS Small Village. You're right about food and workers (I had to build a second apiary to support it and the candle maker), and production time. It doesn't seem to be much, the stats seem to vary between 50 and 100 per year for all I've noticed, mead is produced much quicker and I'm considering building another brewery to use it up quicker.

This is ingredients for mead, this for mulled mead, and this shows values. I won't have much trading going on though, after getting all the seeds I'll remove the trading post, I'm going for a self-sufficient town this time (even with those annoying building supplies), except for the seeds.

Discrepancy

I made it profitable because it is a long-production-chain luxury good. But it might be changed if consensus is that it is too profitable.

at Town Mead brewer:
work required= 13, work time= 6

60 Honey (value= 60) to make 7/10 Mead (prod. cost= 8.5/6 each, value= 8 each, loss of 0.5 value for uneducated, profit of 2 for educated).

1 Mead + 1 Herb (value= 12) to make 2/3 Mulled Mead (prod. cost= 6/4 each, value= 15 each, profit of 9 for uneducated, 11 educated).

to make this operate you need the work of 4 workers (Apiary - Mead Brewer - Herbalist - Mulled Mead Brewer)

Voeille

I don't think it needs to be changed, considering how slow it is produced, it seems balanced enough.

Nilla

If you don't trade, it's not profitable to produce any alcohol at all. It has no purpose in the gameplay (unless you use the new Norseman or Ironman). But of course, you can produce some, just for fun, as an "achievement". Your settlement is prosperous enough to give your inhabitants alcohol. That's a value of its own.

There are some discrepancies ;) in what you say about the production of Mulled Mead: @Voeille says 1 mead and 1 herb gives 5 mead, @Discrepancy that 1 mead and 1 herb gives 3 with educated brewers.

Voeille

@Nilla in the second screenshot I posted it says 3-5 mulled mead, so I assume it's 3 for uneducated, and 5 for educated.