News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wild bees

Started by tanypredator, January 01, 2017, 07:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@tanypredator, I for one would prefer the name to remain wild honey to be collected by Bannies to be eaten as is, no extra buildings, workers, menu items, icons, just pure and simple wild honey, perfect for woodlands or forest settlements and so unique.  Bannies or Bannie mothers could put it on the wild oats for breakfast.  Love the wild oats, a grain you don't have to wait years for the boatman to bring seeds for.  The wild flax and wild roses are both beautiful on the map.

tanypredator

"As far as I know in old times they used hollow trees in the woods to farm bees. Almost like in your mod."
I tried to make something close - a tree with a hanging hive as an additional model - but I'm still bad in making trees. Maybe later.

"did i read somewhere you want to change the "wild" version into a regular, so the resource 'honey' can be used by other mods using honey? if so, yes please!"
Since I wrote it, I thought of one problem with this way - it would replace other honey models with mine. At least. And there would be a red conflict. Better if Discrepancy will add wild honey into his meadery, if he want.

"now we need a WinnieThePooh.pkm"
Surely not Disney WinnieThePooh, but I have already had an idea of one additional decoration close to that :)

"does this honey add to food or health, or both?"
It is only food - fruit and grain.

"I for one would prefer the name to remain wild honey to be collected by Bannies to be eaten as is, no extra buildings, workers, menu items, icons, just pure and simple wild honey"
OK, if I get to making some use for it, I'll upload it as a separate mod :) But that wouldn't be soon anyway. And thank you :)

Abandoned

@tanypredator I think @Paeng suggested a moonshine still someplace. That would be a good use of both wild honey and wild oats for consumable moonshine or maybe wild honey ale.  A still would be in a backyard maybe by a rickety storage shed or in a forest area, away from the main town where the wild honey and wild oats grow.  The still would probably need to both make and serve the brew.  I prefer the wild crops as separate foods but if the still was really decorative for the theme of the area, I'd use it.  Just a thought.

Abandoned

@tanypredator, I am using New Flora with wild bees in my new map, love the new addition of wild bees.  I have a request or suggestion for New Flora.  One of the things I really liked about Tom Sawyer's North is the ability to collect usable firewood.  I thought a good addition to New Flora would be a bush like the wild rose bush only twiggy looking that would yield firewood.  It could be called something like wild wood shrub or wild twigs or kindling and be collected by the laborers.  I rarely come in from outside that I don't have branches or twigs to add to the kindling box.  I think the addition would be a big help to small starting towns.

tanypredator

Quote from: Abandoned on January 13, 2017, 11:50:11 AM
@tanypredator, I am using New Flora with wild bees in my new map, love the new addition of wild bees.  I have a request or suggestion for New Flora.  One of the things I really liked about Tom Sawyer's North is the ability to collect usable firewood.  I thought a good addition to New Flora would be a bush like the wild rose bush only twiggy looking that would yield firewood.  It could be called something like wild wood shrub or wild twigs or kindling and be collected by the laborers.  I rarely come in from outside that I don't have branches or twigs to add to the kindling box.  I think the addition would be a big help to small starting towns.

Thank you for this suggestion, I'll think about it. Not immediately, because I'm working on the other mod, but maybe once I'll add branches to wild rose, if it is possible for a plant to produce more than one resource.

Abandoned

Thank you for considering, will look forward to other mod you are working on.