News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New setup (Vanilla) Tips for trading setup.

Started by OnkelAqua2, June 17, 2019, 03:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnkelAqua2

@Nilla I have 1.6 million apples in storage out of 10.3 million food = about 16% of all the food. It's just that those apples have been stored a long way from the Breweries as time went by. Importing only apples as fruit,  probably wouldn't solve the problem. The storage barns close to the breweries, would be filled with other foods anyway and the brewers spends more time getting those apples = less time for brewing. But let's see if the production goes down again after a while. I buy different fruits for the variety of food. But as I have written in another post, I order/buy apples + 2 other foods from the foodships.

About yellow fever, I think you could solve the problem by pausing the game as soon as the outbreak appears. then go through all the hospitals and click "Work" (or un-work) on all of them except for the one close to the infected.

irrelevant

Quote from: OnkelAqua2 on July 18, 2019, 04:14:38 PM
The programmer of this game thought it would be really funny, if he programmed the infected of yellow fever to seek a doctor - not at the nearest hospital - not the second nearest hospital, but at the THIRD nearest hospital, so they can spread the disease a lot more. The first person who got the yeallow fever, was standing right next to the hospital. But he ignored it and went on a long journey instead. The same happens with the newly infected.
When your guys get sick, they will go to the hospital nearest to their home, regardless of where they happen to be on the map.

irrelevant

Quote from: OnkelAqua2 on July 19, 2019, 01:42:15 AM
About yellow fever, I think you could solve the problem by pausing the game as soon as the outbreak appears. then go through all the hospitals and click "Work" (or un-work) on all of them except for the one close to the infected.
Not a bad idea, certainly worth trying.

Nilla

I find it a clever idea, too. Have you tested it? Does it work? The only risk I can see is that this sick person already is programmed to walk to this far away hospital and he will walk there, all the same, see that the doctor isn´t home and walk back to his closest hospital; walking twice as long, infecting twice as many people.

Tom Sawyer

I think he will walk that way, even with the new "broken bones"... Sorry, just had to laugh while imagine it.  ;D

theonlywanderer

Did you hack in to the China's supercomputer network in order to run this game with those kinds of populations?

I have an older, but fairly decent gaming PC and it craps out around 1,500 and starts to be annoying.   

Are you just dealing with the issue or is it actually still running well?

RedKetchup

when we are used to play at 5x-10x all the time... when you get to 1,500 pop, the slowdown is unbearable.
but when you are used to play at 2x... when you get this 1,500 pop, yes it get slower. you notice it a lot but you can support it.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

OnkelAqua2

I'm taking some time off, because of summer :P Will post later with updates.