Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wonder what is going on...

Started by irrelevant, July 23, 2014, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on August 15, 2014, 06:53:24 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 15, 2014, 05:56:27 AM
but also, keep an eye on the choped down ressources, if they dont get pickup they will disappear, and you can lose alot of potential ressources like that. if a ressources isnt pickup, they disappear with time, totally wasted.

I've never seen that happen.

That is true for me, too. I've seen piles of wood, stone or iron just sit there for a long time and had to use the priority tool to get some laborer to come pick them up. Can you give us some examples, @RedKetchup?

RedKetchup

i ll try to give you video proof one of these days
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Quote from: slink on August 15, 2014, 06:53:24 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 15, 2014, 05:56:27 AM
but also, keep an eye on the choped down ressources, if they dont get pickup they will disappear, and you can lose alot of potential ressources like that. if a ressources isnt pickup, they disappear with time, totally wasted.

I've never seen that happen.

I didn't know this happened either.  :o   

slink

I have had workers walking around for long periods of time carrying resources, so that suddenly I have some resources appear when no gathering has been marked.  I feel like picking them up and shaking them over a stockpile.   ;D

mariesalias

Quote from: slink on August 15, 2014, 09:25:21 AM
I have had workers walking around for long periods of time carrying resources, so that suddenly I have some resources appear when no gathering has been marked.  I feel like picking them up and shaking them over a stockpile.   ;D

I am totally picturing this with the old Black and White hand of god.   ;D

irrelevant

I think I have seen this too. Doesn't it only happen when you have put a structure down on standing resource, gotten the resource cleared, and then deleted the structure? I think as long as the structure footprint stays there with resource sitting on it, it isn't going anywhere until your guys collect it (otherwise the site would finish clearing itself by magic). But if you delete the footprint out from under the piles, they will get lined up on the ground, and they eventually will go away if someone doesn't snag them in time. Maybe.  ;) 

RedKetchup

both irrelevant, at some point they both disappear if not picked up. it can be longer in a situation than another , but they both finally disappear if not pickup. i dunno how much time, 1 year ? 2 year ? i dunno but is saw that very often and it s frustrating to see those mats get waste and i yell to my citizens for not picked them up. i ll try to do something to show you.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

In past versions, designated stockpiles could be used to magically clear ground, if you didn't mind the waste of resources.  Buildings now eat their partially-brought resources under some circumstances, possibly linked to the bug with the designated dirt roads that can't be cancelled without labor if the game is saved and reloaded.  I would say some new bugs got introduced when the completed dirt road removal, burnt building recovery, and recycled graveyard exploits were closed.

That said, I have watched resources being cleared, and someone always eventually came to pick up stacks of cut wood, stone, or iron.