News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Challenges combined : Adam + Eve, 1000 population

Started by JusticePrevails, November 21, 2016, 12:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JusticePrevails

So...I've lost my mind.  I've lurked around this site for awhile and only just decided to join, but I've played banished since it was first released.  I do have several mods, but they are all new buildings and the like.  Also TinyMods collection of tiny things, for the little town hall and the sort, also specialized stockpiles.  Much love to all the modders out there, you are awesome and keep doing what you do.  Anyways!  Today I decided to give myself a challenge.

Adam and Eve Start, Harsh climate, Medium map

But then I thought, how could I keep this interesting?  So I decided I'd combine this start with another challenge.  Starting with only two villagers I'm going to go up to a population of 1000.  Without inviting in nomads.  Everyone will be born in the village.  I try not to think about how inbred they'll all be by the end of this XD.  But here we go.  I'll try to post my progress.  I've already started the village, I'm in year 29 and I have 26 people so far.  Wish me luck.

Nilla

Wish you luck!

Did you build that cathedral without any "cheat"?  ???  ::) It needs a lot of materials and takes awfully long time to build, if you do it "proper" .

JusticePrevails

@Nilla I did!  I switched everyone to builders/laborers for a little bit to get it done then switched them all back.  This area is just my residential and storage area. That's why all of my supplies are so low.  Also had to do roof tiles, which I put up long enough to get what I needed then destroyed since I wasn't ready for it.  BUT! I wanted the big cathedral.

child_of_air

That's a crazy challenge, lol. I don't know if I can put my bannies through that much inbreeding! Although, I'd be willing to do with challenge without any nomads at all, hard start. They'd still be woefully inbred.

Newsiriwan

I have read the content here and it was something I never knew before.