News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Coudertown

Started by brads3, November 24, 2018, 10:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 10-11

2 of the children who grew up before the school was built were 15.a house would be built for them.they would build near the west tower.1 would start a small quarry for stone. apparently,the railroad workers had dug stone for the bridge and tunnels  as he hill was dug into.as we need, he will supply stone.

in spring of year 11, boats were spotted coming from the east.most landed on the other side of the river,but 1 came to talk with us.there were 6 of them with a teenage son and 3 young children.they had been kicked out of the hidden indian village way to the north,or ran for their lives.it seems no white man had ever been to the indian town. the warrior and his wife had found the 2 families lost in the woods.when they took them to their village the elders were quite upset. the discussion with the council got heated after a few hours.realizing they were not welcome,the group fled as other indians were gathering spears.they made it to the river and built canoes and a log raft.
       they were not a threat to us.dad said they could work the land south of the mountain.he offered supplies in exchange they would teach us.the indian was a hunter,his wife the daughter of the medicine man.the warrior knew little about the others except that some were farmers for they carried seeds.

while the the group worked to clear land and build,dad had our builder make a log bridge across the river.they used grass to build with.they built houses,a flax garrden,and a hunting tower.the flax would be used to make clothing.

pic 1: tiny quarry
pic 2: yr 10 outputs
pic 3: raft landing
pic 4: DS rough log bridge
pic 5: south village 

brads3

YEAR 12

i had learned reading and math well enough to leave school.dad said i should help the indians and farmers.there was more i could learn from them.he said the more i visit and help everyone the more they will respect me later.mom wished there was more girls around.none were my age.at least i was finally out of school.

i helped the south village set up a workplace tailor for the flax.another of the villagers build a fishing pier.the villagers should have more than enough food.they put our repaired tools to use.once again the barracks was empty.the south village had a dock to tie the canoes to and a campfire to sit by.they seemed happy.i helped clear rocks and cut some trees and carried supplies between the 2 villages.

pic 1: flax tailor and fish pier
pic 2: twilight house
pic 3: plank bridge

brads3

YEAR 13-14

with mom prenant with baby #5,a boy.it was time for me to move out. the builder buit a large house for me.mom had hopes it woud be full of grandchildren someday.

as more trees had to be but for it,the indian said we woud need to give back to mother earth.a forester was needed to pant trees to replace those we cut. a meeting was caed to figure out where. the fisherman had spotted  fat land to the west.it was out of the way of the village but would tae some work to access the land.once the trees grew,we woud need someone to haul the logs as it would be a ways away,however. to save logs dad came up with a plan to build a stone walkway around the mountain.we stil needed a tunnel but it woud be shorter.i sure did carry a ot of stone to get the walkway buit. dad said this way there would be no mud slide to block the river.

the indians started planting thatch, they said they coud build more with it and burn it both.they said the meadow would draw more deer for them to hunt.

by then, me and the teenage farmer had convinced 2 students to move in with us.it was allowed as long as they continued their schooling.mom sure was heppy when Scarli moved in.

pic 1: Kalvies house
pic 2: stone walkway around the mountain
pic 3: thatch hut

brads3

YEAR 15 REVIEW

from 19 bannies we have grown to 56.we have added 2 sets of nomads.our schoo has 10 students.the shipwreck has 3% left to unload.everyone is health and most are happy.we are 47% educated.
          the railroad camp has become a small village.there is the school,a cemetary,a market,and several barns.the trading post is stoced with 18 rum barrels and 75 peg legs.there is beeswax and ores to trade also.some workers are still micro managed as needed.we have worked to access more land across the river.

we have to cut more firewood and make more tools than what comes off the ship.the supplies we found have been used up.we still produce about 2500 Zmash with 2 cooks.the "free producers" could only support a very small group.with the wharehouse,there is over 19,000 mash stored.the ale from the towers was drank up during the long winters.  there is iron and lumber stored away.we did find a variety of foods including plums,eggs,chesnuts,and pecans.the small animal pen produces food relative to its size,so it is not overproductive either.the apple beekeeper and walnut granny park have worked part of the year as laborers.by design,only 1 each of the towers can be built on a map.only the zmasher could be considered a cheat since it does produce over 1000 per worer and would allow more workers.

i doubt the trains even know we are here.they occasionally pass by but only at night.mom is happy they never blow their whistle which would wake the sleeping babies.there is no worry of children being run over during the day.we would hear the train rumble thru the tunnel long before it was here if 1 was off schedule.

pic 1: yr 15 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:  food graph

brads3

YEAR 15-16

it was a sad year for the town.my dad,the mayor,has died.he spotted a campfire from the east tower and headed out.it was storming and he was going to offer to have them stay in the barracks at least til the storm passed. he found a group of bandits who traveled around robbing the trains.wounded,he lost a lot of blood before he stumbed back to town.we did not have a doctor to try and save him.my sister and mother took over watch from the tower..a son of the sailors moved in to help my mom and my sister.the 4 tower workers went to clear the bandits camp. they found leather and steel tools, but did not see anyone around.

i took over as mayor with my wife's help.she graduated school and kept track of the trading,my 1st order was to send another worker to the east tower.nobody was to travel out and check campfires alone.the blacksmith made spears so they would be armed.i carried on with dads work.a forester would be started to the west.i did have a lookout tower built with it.that area was unexplored.i could only hope the bandits would move on.   trees aong the tracks were cut down so noone woud sneak up on our town.my son was born 2months after dad died.
      the young farmer's wife graduated and planted a backberry orchard. the thatch hut harvested thatch for a barn to be built.thatch and fodder are both grass and are used the same.

during the winter,my wife and i were abe to look through dads notes more.we agreed to send 2000 mash from the wharehouse to the mini TP.this would open room in the WH for more sugar that had been salvaged from the ship.merchants had came with livestock but we would need a pasture before we bought any.the workers would clear land near the animal pen.it will be a 12x12 an will need 44 thatch to build. of couse the merchants were selling grain this year.we took on 300 wheat and 300 oats.
      the villagers worked during the winter building dad a monument.some ladies had planted a rose bush.it was a fitting monument of him defending against the bandits.mom was quite proud of all that he had accompished in making this town our home.my sister did move out and in with the forester.she had twins,a boy and a girl.mom offered to take the girl.other than mom and my sister,she was the only other girl in the family.

pic 1: Dad's death
pic 2: dad's monument
pic 3: blackberry orchard
pic 4:  lookout forester to the far west
pic 5: pasture built

brads3

not a long map. it does show the town outgrows the free producers quite quickly. with Kalvie taking over as mayor and the ship used up, it is a good spot to stop this map. i did run this farther enough to tell you these small mountain maps have troubles providing enough logs.

theonlywanderer

You can solve the log issue by setting up an industry port and telling every trader coming to that port to only bring logs.

You can trade whatever you want for the logs, but I find charcoal to work great because 5 logs gets you 55 charcoal and 55 charcoal times 3 is worth 165 trade.   Logs are 2 trade...     Just set your autobuy to however many you need each visit.   With more population, I believe each boat starts to bring 2,000 logs.   I tend to only autobuy 500 or less each time and still end up having to find new places to stock the extra inventory.   Set your autobuy to "when they leave" so if you happen to need more, you have time to adjust.

brads3

yes and no. with so many mods,i have a huge inventory list.not all merchants bring logs and not all would take the high valued rum either. the order sheet itself can be cumbersome as it does not list alphabetical,it is a mixed mess.i coud float the logs down river using the dock log finder.