News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Easter Celebration?

Started by Jinxiewinxie, April 15, 2019, 02:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

No worries, its really easy to do so just let me know =) Like I said, I'd make tons of these for you =) If you wanted.. you could even install the modkit maybe and I could give you the source code so you could test it quick and easy without having to wait for me? (since I'm sometimes distracted, heh).

Jinxiewinxie

Alrightie =) I'll keep an eye out for your new images =)

Jinxiewinxie

They look quite wintery to me =D I see patchwork pelt style jackets and fur looking coats and leather! =)

Abandoned

Thank you both very much for winter set.  It is very nice.  Time well spend  :)

galensgranny

I'm loving these deco people! 

Jinxiewinxie

I love this one!

I've attached the packaged mod for you =) For future ones, could you name your image files like this:  "FemaleCitizen_THEMENAME" and "MaleNomad_THEMENAME"and that way I can easily figure out what to call the mod, based on what you put for "THEMENAME" heh XD I went with Boots and Aprons for this one just so that its got a different file name than the previous ones XD

Jinxiewinxie

Its all easy for me XD Want to send a new male nomad image or just use the base-game one?

Jinxiewinxie

This one, with suspenders and boots?

Jinxiewinxie

Yay, okies here you go. I called this one European =) [its the very same as the last one, BootsAndAprons except for the Suspendered Nomad Male]

Jinxiewinxie

Oh, gosh, I didn't make any other changes. I didn't understand =( Can you try explaining it again for me?

Jinxiewinxie

Oh! I think that's just how the game works, as soon as you accept them, the nomads become citizens and then a random outfit from the Citizen file is chosen for them.

Here's base game nomads before I accept them:

and then just after I accept them:

They switched outfits to one of the ones in the citizen image.

Jinxiewinxie

Aww gosh, I'm sorry =( On the plus side, the nomad textures are another "outfit square" that you can use on another image sheet for the citizens too =D All the ones you've made can be intermingled, so its not wasted effort at all. You've really made some neat looking outfits!

Artfactial

Thanks for this work, they look incredible! I'm going to sort through the versions and make up a 'fashion' timeline so that my citizens will wear different styles throughout the periods.
Lovely stuff!

Artfactial

Oh, redoing it all would be too much, I think, unless you really enjoy it.:)
While not a lot of them are truly typical for 'fashion' in the era's I've divided them in, the only real thing that stuck out were the black/white suits which are a tad too modern for common use in say, 17/18th century. But then again, the game does not deal with classes or specific outfits for jobs so I think the more standardized clothing is just fine.

A few things I can think of if you're interested:
-17th/18th century fashion, across all layers of western culture, included some form of collar or ruff. Wide, puffed up collars from the early 1600s, to flatter and less restricting ones by the 1700's .
-Corsets, of course, were quite the fashion.
-Difference between Baroque and Puritan styles might be interesting to pursue. With French style, flamboyant, colorful clothing for Baroque and Black/white, modest Dutch style clothing for Puritans.
-Wigs, especially the gentry and nobility (and anyone who wanted to appear reasonably wealthy) wore white-powdered wigs. This is probably not very feasible with just a re-texture but maybe worth a try.
-Sashes around the waist were kind of the male equivalent of corsets, although never as universal.
-Hats. Everyone wore them. But this is hardly a thing for retexturing work.

Abandoned

I am thinking, many of those era clothes might be better a set of deco people, I don't see aristocrats in wigs carrying stones, farming, pushing wheelbarrows or fishing from a pier.

I hope there will be pirates and Native Americans, either overrides or deco, or both  :)