Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Training Camp Main for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 17, 2017, 09:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Training Camp Main for 1.0.7

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=197

Training Camp Part 1 : Main. This mod contains all the main buildings from the Training Camp Mod.

Changed log : I split the RK Training mod into 3 part and added many things to it. People if they desire, they can only pickup a part or everything.

This mod contains :
- 2 model of a watch tower (1x90, 1x45 degres) which is worked by hunters. they watch for enemies and also for animals to hunt.
- 8 new meat can be gathered by the hunters : bear, bison, boar, hare, duck, pheasant, partridge, and goose. they can also catch venison.
- hunters can also get leather and a new one : furs.
- A new butcher tent with a new profession : butcher
- - the processed meat are : Bear steak, Bison steak, Boar ribs, Hare stew, Pork chops, Lamb chops, Venison roast, Beef steak, Roast duck, Roast goose, Roast partridge, Roast pheasant. The butcher take 12 meat and generally process 16-24 meat from it.
- A field hospital that can be built from leather and fur (4 wood, 16 leather, 8 furs). It acts exactly like the vanilla hospital. 3x4 tiles.
- A new tailor house which can take leather and furs to make cloths and new warm cloths. cost 48 wood.
- new tailor patterns : 1 fur + 1 leather = winter coat, 2 furs = fur coat.
- 2 new models of house tents: 1 simple tent good for a family of 3 (3x4 tiles, cost 4 wood, 6 leather, 2 furs.) and a double tent good for a family of 4 (5x4 tiles, cost 6 wood, 10 leather, 4 furs). The warm efficacity is of 60 fuel per resource starting below 50 F.

Enjoy!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

taniu

Can only sympathize, change all the mods to the new belt is huge dedication, a lot of it will take time and effort. Thanks  keep thumbs   for you :)

ancientmuse

I've noticed a problem (bug ?) with the watchtower (hunter)... they're getting all kinds of meat, but aren't getting any leather or furs.

So far they've hunted around 1000+ different kinds of meat, but not one single leather or fur yet ?  Without the fur or leather I can't build the tent houses, field medic, etc.

Is anyone else having this same problem ?

brads3

that is odd. wonder if you have a conflict with some other mod.did you try to change the mod order?if you go to the mod list, click on the minize icon on the mod a list of conflicts will come up. scroll through that and see if there is an odd mod listed. i'd look for a mod that is not updated to 1.07. the new mods will all show a minor conflict but not cause a problem. i have used those towers many times. you may not get fur every year but you should over several years. how many towers and how long did you run the game?

ancientmuse

Quote from: brads3 on April 17, 2017, 07:46:25 PM
that is odd. wonder if you have a conflict with some other mod.did you try to change the mod order?if you go to the mod list, click on the minize icon on the mod a list of conflicts will come up. scroll through that and see if there is an odd mod listed. i'd look for a mod that is not updated to 1.07. the new mods will all show a minor conflict but not cause a problem. i have used those towers many times. you may not get fur every year but you should over several years. how many towers and how long did you run the game?

Yes, I checked for conflicts and there was nothing unusual other than the standard red flag issues but nothing that would or should cause any kind of problem... all other aspects of this mod are working fine and the numbers/production rates seem good.

I did finally get some leather after about 3 years and 1 fur after about 4 years.  But at that point I had gathered roughly 1000+ bison meat, 1000+ bear meat, etc etc before finally seeing some fur ?

Is that the normal rate for fur ?  It just seems to take forever to finally gather enough to use it to build the tent houses, tent butcher, etc.

Ah well... I'm just happy to see that I am finally getting some fur/leather to work with.

Thanks for your help anyways.

:)

Nilla

I have used these towers and I had very little furs and leather, too. Leather didn't matter, because I had some normal hunters, too but it took years until I had furs enough, to build a hospital. The towers are good food producers, I see the furs and leathers as a by product.

RedKetchup

it is RNG. there are 12 items in the list and fur is one of the 12 item. an RNG chance based on 1/12th. 8.33 %
if you really think that isnt enough ... i can add a 13th and fur would have 2 times X 1/13th random chances (2/13th)

1/12th = 8.33 %
2/13th = 15.38%
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED if you decide to do that i would suggest doing 14 and it would affect the leather as well.it is random but over a couple years it seemed to balance out. when i 1st started to use it ,i had more ducks than other meats. after i tried it with a few games i did notice it balances more.it may also depend on play style and how many towers are placed.i use the leather and save the furs early on to make more coats later to trade.if they are depending on it to make their 1st houses, then no they definetly won't have enough.

Paeng

Well, I agree that waiting for some "lucky" RNG can be exasperating... like waiting for Dalers in the North  ;)

On the other hand I'm happy with the fur not too easy to get, as it is a rather valuable ingredient for tents (housing, butcher, hospital etc.)... It does kinda even out in the long run, without being a surefire stepping stone for quickly building tents...

Maybe there should be an additional "poor" tent using only leather... upgradable to fur tent or so...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

ancientmuse

Quote from: Paeng on April 18, 2017, 01:01:35 PM

Maybe there should be an additional "poor" tent using only leather... upgradable to fur tent or so...  :)

That makes sense, since there's no way to be able to build a tent house to match the training camp environment until way way later in the game.

A simple "starter" tent home would be a good solution to the randomly generated fur problem.... a cheap starter tent that only requires some logs and a few leathers would work good.

I ended up using Discrepency's wooden tent houses from his DS Small Village mod for my peeps in the training camp area because those only require logs to build.... this way I was able to keep the look of the training camp area more realistic feeling.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on April 18, 2017, 01:01:35 PM

+2  (inc @ancientmuse & @Paeng )

So too the hospital?  It took me forever to get the hospital running, I had 2 outbreaks and lost a lot of Bannie's waiting for the build (I did go back to an earlier save and build a mini hospital for comparison).  Again, an idea to offer an 'upgrade' to fur, treat more people etc... 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]