Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

CityRoads v 1.1

Started by RedKetchup, August 09, 2016, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

CityRoads v 1.1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=123

This mod will attempt to make real "3D" city roads. It will help you to make sidewalks at ground level and roads which will be just a little lower below the ground level, offering a 3D aspect of roads.

Version 1.0 :
Offer 1 texture for road parts and 1 texture for sidewalk parts. And they are offered in 3 tiles and 4 tiles width pieces and also in 1 tile for custom roads.

Version 1.1 :
Added a new set of textures to play with

Enjoy!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

BTW the icon toolbar is set in the vanilla "Roads and Transports" toolbar.

let me know how it goes :)

fatm3l

great mod gonna try it now thanks

Wood Cutter

Looks Great on the ground Red ketchup but unfortunately if you put a decoration on the sidewalk, like a stone bench, the road section raises. I have found though using the ghost decoration it doesn't.

RedKetchup

it is because that wood bench flatten the ground (and need to be modified by the mod owner). but, have you tried to trash that road section and put it back in ?

Wood Cutter

No I haven't but I'll give it a go.

RedKetchup

Version 1.1 :
Added a new set of textures to play with

Kristahfer

I really like this mod. For me it is going to require a whole new way of thinking in laying out my cities. Since CityRoads is not classed as a road of any type, location of housing and production buildings even more critical.

Thank you my friend, hope you don't mind that familiarity, for you great work.

P.S.
Is there any change the classification of this mod to a road type. Say Fast(Dirt). I think Faster(Stone) would distract from the visually appealing aspect of this mod.

RedKetchup

we cannot to add a fast or faster to a building because they are still considerated as a build (decoration building)

but the way i make it work (building with only "road allowed tiles") you can and i suggest you, to put down all the roads tiles already for fast(dirt) or faster(stone) movement and then ontop of it, put your "decoration" roads.

if that make sense for you.

let me know if i need to put screenshots of the process.

Kristahfer

Thank you. I will try the overlay and let you know how it came out.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Kristahfer on August 11, 2016, 11:40:23 PM
Thank you. I will try the overlay and let you know how it came out.

if you place the dirt or stone road "after" you will level up the ground to ground level. if you do, you will have to "trash"(icon) the road piece and then put a new one at same place. that way you will lower down the ground back again as it is supposed too.

good luck :)

Kristahfer

The CityRoad overlaid on a dirt road worked. Did find another enhancement to creating the CityRoad though. At first I thought I had made a mistake. The CityRoad did not complete as expected, and left a portion at the end with only sidewalk shown. I finally figured that if I removed the first dirt center square the CityRoad would complete.

Great mod.

Thanks again.

Kristahfer

Having so much fun with this mod. Great idea!

I was wondering if it would be possible:
1) Add a special attachment that would allow a 3 wide road to be attached to the 4 wide road?
2) Make two sidewalk squares that when set side by side to take the inside of the two sidewalks drop to roads which would become a narrow two wide road?

RedKetchup

i understand the 1) and it is a good idea :) but cause maybe i am french, but i have hard to understand the idea of the 2)
can you explain differently ?

embx61

If I understand correctly he wants a 2 wide road but with the sidewalk texture only.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]