thanks for all the testing and great feedback @Nilla
Sorry I have taken a while to respond, hectic life right now.
I must also apologize as I will be a little absent from the forums for the next week. I might be able to read, but not answer. But don't take that as if I'm not interested in the feedback, because I am.
I always enjoy reading the blogs you post. I'm not sure when my internet will be changed over, this could be a bonus as I'll be able to focus on modding a little when I'm on the computer.
also, I am going to post much of the part below on the DS Small Village discussion page...
First off, this is going to be a long post...
I might lower the variety of fish, or offer alternate download versions with all fish, or only half of them.
The question is in this case, what DSSV2 is. A building-mod or a new theme-mod?
answering @Tom Sawyer
, yes, you are right
I don't really know what DS Small Village has become, or where it is going. All the changes I have planned I don't think should be apart of it....
basically I am just going along with the ride, taking in suggestions & ideas, and coming up with my own. This is going to be huge.... it already is for me, to navigate all the files and keep up with changes I make.
So you are right when you say: "i dont think DS knows what he is either."
, and I'm guessing that to be 'I don't know what DSSV as a mod is to be?'
Well you are right. But it isn't going to be DS Small Village v2... all of the upcoming betas of v2 will end up becoming a much broader, varied mod that will be a single mod with all my other mods together. And so in a way, regarding start conditions, etc, it won't be compatible to The North or CC, but it should still be able to be used, with them if placed below in the mod list.
So... when will v2 proper of DS Small Village be released? Once I finish building my own version of every vanilla building, plus have at least 1 variant or texture variant of each building...
warned me about this, a long time ago...
- I have fixed the mistake in the start condition Stranded
, that was my fault, the fix will be a part of the next beta release, which I hope will happen just after Christmas
- also fixes to most of the other bugs/issues (I have a list on the mod discussion page)
Also I hope to have finalized:
- all starting conditions will be changed slightly, Stranded
is going to be split into 3 versions: Stranded (one family + small inventory)
, Stranded Hard (2 families + very small inventory, only enough supplies for one family)
& Stranded Harder (2 families with nothing)
- all starts will have slightly revised inventories and start buildings (apart from Jack & Jill
and Stranded Harder
both will still start with nothing).
- I am also going to include a way to gather, hunt and fish quicker. But they won't be by the click of a button, for example you will need Fishing Gear
to fish from the river bank, 8 Fishing Gear costs 3 log + 1 iron, these are easily built by the Village/Jetty Workshop or Blacksmith for some things. Also needed is Hunting Gear (same price as fishing gear), and Gathering Bowls (1 log = 5 bowls), the Workshop will easily and quickly produce these simple items, the village workshop will come ready built on some starts, or is easily built for 8 logs and 1 stone.
- Most easier starts will include all the resources to gather, fish & hunt in the storage barn. (they will be classed as textiles - why? because it is already stored in a barn, and if you had fishing gear, hunting gear etc, you wouldn't want it out in the weather. plus no changes to resource flags).
- all of the new fish will have higher trade value prices.
- a small tent (with F variants) that sits on 2x2, the tent will cost 2 leather + 1 log + 8 work
- a small primitive wooden shelter, also sits on 2x2, this will cost 5 log + 8 work
- the Village Inn, for temporary accommodation with f-key variants. cost 55 log + 13 stone + 89 work
- small 2x1 fishing spots, that catch all the different kinds of fish. They are all slightly slower than a normal fisherman, who catches more 'Fish' as he just keeps whatever fish he catches, whereas these fisherman will take time to catch the right fish and let the others go, and will have a higher trade value.
- a jetty seafood grill, that will turn some of the fish into varied meals of value and also a diverse diet.
- jetty decorative seating areas & other deco jetty pieces (yes, @Paeng
, I have at least 1 boat for now)
- larger village barns and jetty storage sheds.
- a different apiary building - more out of village-farm style.
- village tavern for alcohol & luxuries service, and accompanying brewery and kitchen.what else?
-- well for a few months I have been holding onto a few different crops, they still require a few model & texture alterations, but I'm getting there... they are: Lentils
-- Also I have an Almond tree based upon the example fig tree, but I'm still trying to get it to work correctly (it will have blossom for all of growing season, I wish it was different).
-- A Birch Forester, or a Birch Plantation/Orchard: they will grow and harvest Birch Wood, this can be turned into firewood, or, when processed it can be turned into Birch Bark & Birch Sap.
--- the Bark will be used to make Birch Tar - this can then be used to create Juchten Leather
, a tough leather that can be used to create a higher value clothing, and lower weight (vanilla clothing is weighted at 10, a Juchten Coat
will only weigh 5).
--- Birch Sap is classed as an edible fruit for your citizens, it can also be used in other productions... more to come.@Nilla
, I'm not sure why the cemetery is doing that! weird, I will investigate.
Good idea regarding the different gravestones
the fishmonger is a WIP, it is taking some time to get right, perhaps this is a reason to utilize only half of the fish... we will see. Also you are correct regarding Cod, I am going to change a few requirements to be able to acquire a few of the fish varieties, much like CC, there will be a requirement for a boat.
I made the jetty parts build-able on walkable
areas because I thought it would be good for difficult terrain areas, I do realize it doesn't always work correctly.
My houses are probably a little small, but for good reason. Who would want to heat some of those larger homes!
isn't extreme enough?