Author Topic: Plantation style layouts  (Read 211 times)

Offline QueryEverything

• Vendor
Plantation style layouts
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi there, a couple of weeks back someone posts shots of their Plantation style setup and they were using the windmill etc.  I can't find the posts, they were a reply to another thread, and 'search' doesn't show up "plantation" results that are what I'm oooking for.

So, in short, can those of you who have designed plantation style landscapes please post yours, or can you please link me to any that you know of :D

In the meantime I'll keep looking in the threads. 
If it helps, it was a 10x10 crop as the starting point. :D

Please show us your art :D
Cheers,

QE
I query because I like to learn new things.  
https://au.pinterest.com/mrsklb09/media-game-banished/

Offline QueryEverything

• Vendor
Re: Plantation style layouts
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Found the initial inspiration post, for some reason the search didn't show it, but I went through my 'post history'.
The plantations were by @Nominix :)

So, who else has designed plantations, and what was your inspiration?  Would you care to show us (me) please?

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1303.msg24978#msg24978
Cheers,

QE
I query because I like to learn new things.  
https://au.pinterest.com/mrsklb09/media-game-banished/

Offline Nominix

• Laborer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
Here are a couple more you might use based on what your trying to achieve. Im using this layout specifically to see how big a town I can make without having to trade for food, so i am cramming everything I can inside the cells. Its a 40 x 40 layout which works with 10 x 10 crop / orchard tiles as well as 10 x 20 animal pens. I leave the center open and make little mini towns inside them. 4 to 6 houses just depends, Small midievil barns on each side of the houses, small town market, small town blacksmith, small town tailor, Mini hospital and as many beekeepers as I can cram in there. In the case of animal pens I am substituting 8 beekeepers for 4 butchers. The cells are not pretty and not supposed to be. I have set these up to be efficient. That being said, one can easily set these up to be more aesthetically pleasing.

You could add in roads, fences, water pumps, windmills, hedges, trees and all the other goodies to have quite a nice area and it should still be pretty efficient. I would also suggest going 4 wide on roads surrounding the outermost part of the cell so it doesnt look so crowded and you can easily see the roadside decorations that you may place.

Once I finish seeing how far I can go Ill do another town based on this cell layout but pretty it up to look more like suburbs surrounding a central downtown. The downtown will have all the churches, upgraded housing, commercial industries (bakers, markets, dairys, ect ect) closest in to the cells then cram the center with upgraded housing and really nice statues parks ect ect.

Hope it gives you some food for thought.

Cheers Nomi

Offline Nominix

• Laborer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:37:54 PM »
Finally getting around to doing something more aesthetic with the cell setups. Its a first run but coming out nicely I think. Still needs some work but it should contrast nicely with the previous pics I posted. Cell based layouts get pretty structured and id ideally like to find a way to keep the cell layout but make it look more organic without loosing efficiency.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:40:27 PM by Nominix »

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
wow , that looks awesome !!!!!!!!!  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline Nominix

• Laborer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
TY :). Its coming along, still a lot of work to do on it and need to do another with pens. Im still watching the orchard rows to make sure they produce at least enough to feed the person working them and so far it seems that they are. the 1 x 17's are close, but the 1 x 25's are producing quite well, even using rough tools.