News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Modular Mod Tool Bar Spaces

Started by Necora, February 12, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I like the simple puzzle piece, using mods to piece together the map.  Looks nice, clean.

RedKetchup

the puzzle draw is well done ... it is just the "signification" what it has to do with mod downloaded from the community of moddlers ?

i just did some other draws....

there are my best ones :

first : the limit icon flip vertically which seems to say : download(ed)
second : same with more work, bold : mean downloaded
third : a chest (color chest turned grey levels)
fourth : same another chest
fifth : icon with a circle of people : mean community
sixth : same , more worked out : mean community.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

kid1293

No need to test. I like the first.
Very clear message! ...and clean.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on February 15, 2017, 03:45:45 AM

No need to test. I like the first.
Very clear message! ...and clean.

yeah very clear and simple , but i prefer the bold one , look more worked (number 2 )

but i like also 10b which represent the 3D community (3 moddlers working hands in hands ^^)

kid1293

Why not the community icon?
I would be happy to release under it.
I'm a happy guy. :)

RedKetchup

yeah i love 10b  ;D : it has full meaning (kinda same meaning about the planet icon posted before....)

and it is clear, well done, and looks great.

and that way there is no letters LOL

brads3

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2017, 01:16:34 AM
but if people have to discuss they need to do it quick ... because we cant let that undecided for months ^^

i figured it would take several weeks to redo so many mods.and we still have the debates on those new tags.plus i know not all mods will be updated. don't think anyone wants to load 1 mod at a time. i be patient and rather wait and do a list of mods later. in my case i made a new game file and added the 1.07 to it,mainly cause i didn't wan to break my chicken-wired,duct-taped game. its the old original 1.0 upgraded several times.
     to not confuse me or the game,i plan to add the new mods to that file and later i can copy the older mods that weren't updated to it that i want.this will serve another point also, i'd be able to use my old saves with the older game file.
   you guys can take your time. we players will keep busy playing.lol  the placement sounds good being to the right side. my bar is already  1 and a half lines on the game screen. with the mod icon,i figure it'll be close to 1 line. a simple icon that doesn't look like anything on the toolbar already is probly the best way to go.the globe,the puzzle piece, treasure chest are better but i am flexible.

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on February 15, 2017, 08:00:41 AM
in my case i made a new game file and added the 1.07 to it

How did you make a new game file? Just copy/paste?
How did that play with the registry in regards to mods and game settings?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

yes HAWK,copy and paste and name file different like banished old  or 1.07. i already had my game in a folder so i could organize older mods from new 1's that i wanted to test.it works,i only had the new CC in the newer winDATA file. it might have moved 1 mod in the order but i wont swear to that as i had been testing and moving for a few days anyhow.quickly noticed it when the game played funny. good thing is on a saved game it would keep the order in the save. i don't have my game thru steam either. that would change a lot. i actually have the 1.0 and upgraded it.shhhh don't tell anyone they'l crash me.

Hawk

Thanks Brads. I'll give it a try.
I bought Banished from GOG back in Nov. of last year and got the latest version.
I just downloaded and installed the 1.07 patch but I still have the old files backed up so I may give the separate folder a try because I am testing some stuff with the new patch but I have a game I was playing before and would like to play it a bit more.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

@RedKetchup I was hoping that each player needed to download the community mod button as a separate mod. That way we could have several different versions of the mod with different icons. Is that possible? Or does it absolutely have to be packaged into every single mod that uses it?

I agree with Kid, I like the simple download arrow (1) the most. Very clean, very simple, and perfectly describes exactly what it is. Fits perfectly with the vanilla buttons because it is one of them (upside down). Very good idea. I also like the simple treasure chest (6) but I much prefer (1).

Also, 1.07 is only a beta. It's not final and not everyone is using it yet. New mods made with current mod kit might not work for everyone yet, so no need to rush.

QueryEverything

I like 10b @RedKetchup it's clean, and it's clear what the content will be.
As much as I liked @Tom Sawyer's one with the tools, it seemed more that it was a shortcut to the settings.  Had we been able to have a shortcut to the settings, that icon has my vote :)

For now, I like the community one.

Also too, don't forget there is the Puzzle Market place, meaning we already have an ingame puzzle piece. :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: elemental on February 15, 2017, 02:06:47 PM
@RedKetchup I was hoping that each player needed to download the community mod button as a separate mod. That way we could have several different versions of the mod with different icons. Is that possible? Or does it absolutely have to be packaged into every single mod that uses it?

I'm not RedKetchup  ;) , but thought I'd have a go at answering this. yes, every mod will need to have the code and an icon for the community toolbar.
I assume you could make an overriding mod, with a same named icon but have a different image. load this pkm above all other 'community' mods and I think it would work.

elemental

That's what I was thinking. In theory every modder who uses this button could package up a different icon with their mod and whichever mod is on top would be the one that the player sees.