News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Boxes of apples

Started by mrbisonm, May 14, 2017, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Hi,

I have been wondering this for quite awhile, a year or so as a matter of fact. I have some  *what seem to be*  wooden boxes of apples that appear near wild fruit trees in the late summer and they disappear in late fall.
No one seem to pick them up nor collect them, and I have also tried to order my villagers to do this without success.
So....what are these? Are they just for decorations. Can I get rid of them? Does anyone know the name of this pkm file?

Thanks

Fred

embx61

I think they are just left overs from the Orchard yield.
If there is no storage for the apples the farmers leave them on the ground.

Not sure but I doubt there is a mod what just randomly spread boxes of apples around but I can be wrong :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

@mrbisonm have you tried using a Gatherer there?

What mods are you running?  A couple do have fruit trees in them that drop their fruit to be gathered.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

mrbisonm

Quote from: embx61 on May 14, 2017, 04:50:09 PM
I think they are just left overs from the Orchard yield.
If there is no storage for the apples the farmers leave them on the ground.

Not sure but I doubt there is a mod what just randomly spread boxes of apples around but I can be wrong :)

Thanks for the ideas, but I'm pretty sure that they are not leftovers from the orchard, simply because I am playing Adam and Eve and have not yet acquired any seeds to plant fruitrees. Besides all my plays have them right from the beginning. Also I have more than enough storage and barns and never have any apples collected until I have planted apple trees.
So, it's NOT that.
They appear all over the map where there are wild fruit bearing trees, sometimes hundreds of boxes, and all are the same colour.

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 14, 2017, 06:21:32 PM
@mrbisonm have you tried using a Gatherer there?

What mods are you running?  A couple do have fruit trees in them that drop their fruit to be gathered.

What mods I run?.....lol...surely too many. I will try to plant a gatherer there though, that sounds logical. Thanks. Be back, once played again.

Fred

QueryEverything

I would say, as a guess, it's the "Tree of Life" mod that is the cause, in which case I would use a Vanilla Gatherer in the area where the trees are.

The mod is extremely old now and is no longer supported, I had problems with it even with just Banished v1.06

:)  At least its not bugged ;)  (your map - the mod sure, its outdated :) )

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

@mrbisonm if memory serves me (and I have a nasty head cold, so it may not) there is a 'harvest trees' or 'harvest fruit' etc in the EXIT menu, with the other 'clear all' buttons, there is a separate one that comes with the mod - try that.  :)

I hope these help you :D

mrbisonm

I know that my map is outdated, I am still on 1.06, but it runs just fine without crashes nor anything else as problems. Once everything works to my liking, I keep it that way (that is the reason why I still have win xp, although I tried win 7, 8 and 10. all had problems with it while using my older programsand games. ;)

Now, there is nothing in the exit menu besides exiting, but I found this *clear wild crops* under the demolition menu. I had this for a long time and it never worked on anything. The pointer stay green when hovering or clicking on these boxes.
So, I will try to build a Gatherer nearby (could be a couple of days before I do this though) and then come back with hopefully  good news. ;)

Meanwhile Thanks a lot for the help or not. I really appreciated all comments.

Fred

Discrepancy

@mrbisonm , what is the button to the right of the 'clear wild crops'?

QueryEverything

@mrbisonm & @Discrepancy yup, that's the one, to the right of the Collect Wild Foods - the one on the right will either chop down all the trees & gather the fruit or take all the fruit.  It's been a while since I've used the mod.  :)

When I figure out how to use multi-installations, I will have a Banished 1.06 version running for some of the older mods that I have a soft spot for :)  Shame DarkB & OwlC have hung up their coding skills for Banished. :(

Abandoned

@mrbisonm I see you have the mod beautifulworld listed.  I am wondering if that mod is working for you.  I used that mod before I updated my game to the 1.0.6 Banished version I am using now.  I have not gotten it to work since, no water reeds, beautifulworldcc with colored trees does not work either. No red conflict warnings when I tried them.  Just wondering if mod works for you.

From what I understand the 1.0.6 mods should continue to work with 1.0.7 update.  I know there are some mods I would not want to lose.  :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 14, 2017, 10:11:42 PM
@mrbisonm , what is the button to the right of the 'clear wild crops'?
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 15, 2017, 12:56:12 AM
@mrbisonm & @Discrepancy yup, that's the one, to the right of the Collect Wild Foods - the one on the right will either chop down all the trees & gather the fruit or take all the fruit.  It's been a while since I've used the mod.  :)

When I figure out how to use multi-installations, I will have a Banished 1.06 version running for some of the older mods that I have a soft spot for :)  Shame DarkB & OwlC have hung up their coding skills for Banished. :(

That button says it will cut trees, but the cursor stays green when hovering over the fruittrees and the appleboxes, nothing happens.
I have two different installs of Banished (one on C-Drive (with version 1.06) and the other on E-Drive(with version 1.07) so I can play both, because me too I have a weakness for older mods that don't work on v1.07. ;)

Quote from: Abandoned on May 15, 2017, 06:10:31 AM
@mrbisonm I see you have the mod beautifulworld listed.  I am wondering if that mod is working for you.  I used that mod before I updated my game to the 1.0.6 Banished version I am using now.  I have not gotten it to work since, no water reeds, beautifulworldcc with colored trees does not work either. No red conflict warnings when I tried them.  Just wondering if mod works for you.

From what I understand the 1.0.6 mods should continue to work with 1.0.7 update.  I know there are some mods I would not want to lose.  :)

Well, I have no idea what the beautiful world mod contains, but I think the following are a part of it. Cattails or reeds as you call them, colored trees even during spring and summer season, flowers that appear and disappear with seasons, some big tree formation that have a lot of mushrooms around them (unfortunetly not harvestable) and maybe others.
As you see , mine seem to work with 1.06 version. (if it is what the beautiful world mod is supposed to show).

I also tried the Gatherer, and he just passes by the boxes and doesn't bother with them, so it is not them who pick them up.
So, I suppose that it is just for decoration, right? Or did anyone actually have been able to collect them and show these in the harvest table (barn)?

Thanks for replying.

Fred

Abandoned

@mrbisonm thanks for posting pictures, those are the beautiful world mods, they also contain old growth trees that spawn those extra mushrooms.  They worked for me with 1.0.5 but not 1.0.6, maybe my pkm files are corrupt. Redownloaded them and will give them another try another time.

Regarding your apple problem, I think you have a conflict if you are using these mods together.  Busy Laborer only allows your regular laborers to collect the vanilla herbs and roots and mushrooms and berries.  Wild Crops spawn vegetables only around the map that the vanilla gatherers can collect and it also has its own gathering icons. Tree of Life does have wild fruit trees that spawn fruit but it drops a cornacopias (horn of plenty) not crates of fruit.   Pesky produce will spawn extra crops of what you have in the crop fields, I believe it also spawns extra fruit trees but I don't know what fruit it drops or how to collect it, I had no fruit trees planted so got no extra fruit.  I would not use any of these mods together or with other mods that spawn collectibles.  Hope the information helps :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: Abandoned on May 15, 2017, 03:11:07 PM
@mrbisonm thanks for posting pictures, those are the beautiful world mods, they also contain old growth trees that spawn those extra mushrooms.  They worked for me with 1.0.5 but not 1.0.6, maybe my pkm files are corrupt. Redownloaded them and will give them another try another time.

Regarding your apple problem, I think you have a conflict if you are using these mods together.  Busy Laborer only allows your regular laborers to collect the vanilla herbs and roots and mushrooms and berries.  Wild Crops spawn vegetables only around the map that the vanilla gatherers can collect and it also has its own gathering icons. Tree of Life does have wild fruit trees that spawn fruit but it drops a cornacopias (horn of plenty) not crates of fruit.   Pesky produce will spawn extra crops of what you have in the crop fields, I believe it also spawns extra fruit trees but I don't know what fruit it drops or how to collect it, I had no fruit trees planted so got no extra fruit.  I would not use any of these mods together or with other mods that spawn collectibles.  Hope the information helps :)

Thanks for this info......
So, You suppose that there's a conflict between one or two of the dollowing files: Busy Laborers - Wild crops and peskyproduce. I will fondle with them around a little and see what it will do when priortizing one or the other or even remove one or the other.
Of course I will keep a copy of my windata folder and games before I do this, because now my games play beautifully well without any problems nor crashes, as everything is exaclty like this.

I also started to think that there's a conflict somewhere since some buttons don't do anything. So I will do this and see what happens. If I figure out something, I will give a reply.

But I would like to know if anyone ever has seen or collected those appleboxes?

Thanks

Fred

RedKetchup

Salut Mr Bison!

J'ai déja vu ces caisses de pommes mais je ne peux pas te dire du tout d'où cela vient, de quel mod il s'agit :(
j'aurais bien aimé. je suis vraiment désolé.

Je présume si cela vient de quelqu'un qui ne fréquente plus ce forum, il te l'aurait dit déjà.
alors je te donne mon avis : probablement le mod de @Darkbibou . à toi de faire un test : désélectionne ses mods, et lance une nouvelle partie à 10x et regarde aux lisières des forêts pour voir si ces caisses de pommes reviennent ou pas :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Ok, I did a bit more googling @mrbisonm :)
This is version 1, but the basics apply.
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/215-Tree-Of-Life-Version-1

1)  it does conflict with Busy Laborers, so you need to disable that mod
2)  the 2 buttons on the left of the Wild Crops, which you circled in Blue are ones you need to use for harvesting

My uneducated guess is that with the newer version of Banished, even at v1.06, and using Busy Laborers with ToL v2, you will definitely have conflicts and pieces that won't work correctly.
I know that there are conflicts and issues as I found one of my old posts about ToL v2 on Banished 1.06 and asking for help, but @Darkbibou had 'left the building', and hasn't been online since 2015.

What I also read on the Busy Laborers pack thread was that Busy Laborers must be enabled above the Beautiful World and as such, I would suggest it would then need to be over other mods that produce wild items that spawn (such as Pesky Produce & Wildcrops), now given that, I would then go 1 step further and suggest that ToL must then be listed near the top of the list as well, because it includes Busy Laborers.

So, I would suggest: 
1)  Disable Busy Laborers
2)  Make sure ToL is right near the very top of the list
3)  Try using all the different clearing tools :) 

I just think there are a couple too many conflicts with the new Banished, the newer/older mod combo - that the random Apple Boxes may never be picked up now. :(

Note from Busy Laborers
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/257-Busy-Laborers-Version-2-0#description

New in version 2.0:
- You can now collect the "Ancient mushrooms" and "Ancient roots" that grows under the "Old pines" of the "Beautiful World" and "Old Growth Forests" mods with the "Collect wild foods" tool/button.
Please note that the "Busy Laborers" mod must be placed above the "Beautiful World" mod (or "Old Growth Forests" mod) in the mod list if you want to collect those ancient resources !
- Adding of a new tool/button that allows you to ask your citizens to collect both stone and iron in a specific area.