Author Topic: HOW TO ORGANIZE MOD ORDER  (Read 962 times)

Offline purringcat

• Trader
  • SC4 MJB
Re: HOW TO ORGANIZE MOD ORDER
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
I don't seem to have nearly enough mods at only 51.   My poor PC is creaking under that load and if I added many more, I might as well let the game load while eating dinner and hope it's finished before my meal is. 

Am also wondering where in the sorting order, you all are placing BlackLiquid's mods:   MegaMod; MegaModDecoPack;  ColonialCharterJ and Compatibility107.   Normally, mods have a logical loading order depending on which building I want to use.    I wouldn't go to all this trouble but I'm finding a number of trading post boats selling blank label items.     ???

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
the compatability 107 goes above CC.this is probably causing the blank tag issues.the older compatibility buildings mod does go below CC.i confuse that 1 a lot.logic says it goes above since it affects the CC.this 1 is backwards.if you have troubles with ropes and the tobacco dryeror curing barn,i would add this mod.
i do not use the MM.CC has good input under each add-on mod where they go individualy.you are right about logic and changing order dependiong on personal style.i can move the bakery plus up or down to change which bakeries that affects.as to the comp loading slow,you can try turning off programs that you don't use.i do this when i 1st get the comp home.before i even try to set it up and add anything,i go down through what is installed and uninstall what i won't use. after that it will depend on how much RAM you have to start with.

Offline purringcat

• Trader
  • SC4 MJB
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
I have the compatibility107 well above CC mods that are just above the non-conflicted mods.   That  you don't use the CC MegaMod explains why you have so many individual mods.   ;D
My six year old pc has 16gb of ram but it takes forever to load those mods.   I'll shift the mods around to see if that improves the blank label issue.    Thanks for your loading explanation.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 06:42:06 PM »
run the debug on it. click the star icon to make all items visible. go through a townhall inventory list to see if you can figure out what items are blank tagging or double tagged.without knowing that,i would check some of the posts at CC on the MM. when it 1st came out i chose not to do it for a reason. i felt cramming all those mods together would cause issues.it has been a while and many have been solved i think.you do have less control of them. say you want to affect 1 different than others,you then have to load the individual mod.i can shuffle the list to change some things.did you try loading RED's trading post fix? that might help also. you loading is slower than mine but i am running at 6gm with a 1 TB harddive.this is not factory . i bought it from a dude who builds them.window 7 even.

Offline embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
When you load a save Alt Tabbing out of Banished seem to speed up the loading.

Set in Video options the full screen to window seems to do the same and after the game is loaded set it back to full screen.

I think Luke should take a look at the loading part in his code as IMHO a full screen or window screen, Alt Tabbing out of the game should not have impact on the loading process.
All we see when the game is loading is a screen shot and I cannot see why Alt Tabbing Out of that screen shot makes the game load faster then not Alt tabbing out.
It does not make sense.

The mega Mod is nice but I don't think it is updated for a while.
Many mods are updated since the last update by kralyerg and those updates are not in the current MegaMod.
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »
that option doesn't work for me. plus i get scared,if i touch my comp while loading it will go fatal error and drop me.i don't run full screen.my autosaves are off. i think that slows players down and causes frreze ups.my graphics i usually set to medium as far as showdows and what not. and i am not using the Vsync.ohh i am not under stream. that could slow it down a ton.

Offline embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 07:36:07 PM »
I can understand it can take a bit to load 1.4 gig into memory.

But what I don't understand is why Alt Tabbing out of the screenshot or set the screen to window can have impact on the loading process what happens behind the scenes.

if the game loads faster when Alt Tabbing out it should load as fast while just looking at that screen shot.

Maybe there is some code attached to that screen shot what makes it to slow down the loading. If so then it is just bad programming as UI elements should never be tied to a loading process what works behind the scene.

My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 05:12:36 AM »
maybe it has something to do with windows optimized for front tasks or multi tasks behind the screen :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.