Author Topic: Kid Bakery & Garden V1.02  (Read 6492 times)

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
Re: Kid Bakery & Garden V1.02
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
No, I am lost myself. I have never experienced anything like that.
Maybe some pathing problem? I thought I covered it.
If you are the only one it might be your setup.
Corrupted game...
Bannies on strike...

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »
I had to problems like than when testing.  A deer went in, grazed and left again, but no problem with bannies in or around.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2017, 02:22:17 PM »
wonder if it has to do with the multiple starts mod combined with it. funny it does happen to 1 dude near the pumpkin gh though.i usually build the 7x gh's.the homless teens is strange but actually as long as it isn't slowing down nomads,isn't a bad glitch.did happen right when i thought i finally had everyone housed again though.the bannies in this town are just weird.

Offline Kyana

• Laborer
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 08:41:14 AM »
 How much output is the spiced pumpkin pie compared to the imput? I don't know exactly how this works with specialized foods. Also, is 1 pumpkin pie worth more than 1 pumpkin? Or is it the same?

I am trying to figure out what the advantage/worth is for having refined food production chains.

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
Hi @Kyana - I'll be brief.

Recipe for pumpkin pie (and worth)

input:
12 flour (12 x 1=12)
12 pumpkin (12 x 1=12)
2 seed oil (2 x 3=6)
2 spices  (2 x 3=6)
total worth= 36

output:
20-24 pumpkin pies (20-24 x 6 = 120-144)

It is absolutely a good trade product, nice to eat but expensive :)
Pumpkin pie (6) could give 6 portions of wheat or other food.
Good to know if food is scarce.

More a fun way to role-play.

Offline rkelly17

• Founder
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »
output:
20-24 pumpkin pies (20-24 x 6 = 120-144)

As I was reading the recipe I was thinking, "My God, that is one huge pie!" But then I saw it was 24 normal pies.  ;D

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 02:44:58 PM »
 ;D

Offline Kyana

• Laborer
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
Thanks kid! I am a huge fan of your mods :)

I love that pumpkin pie. So if i understand correctly, 1 pumpkin pie represents 6 unprocessed grainfoods like 6 wheat.

So if they eat 1 pumpkin pie, they get 6 food?
Because i do let them eat it :P and trade too.

By the way, is it possible to have a food market with 25 percent of each food flag as a limit, and put a second limit for edibles at 90 so that inedibles is 10?  So my market dont get full with inedible floor and no edible grains left to eat for my poor bannies? Or do you know a market like this?

I also really love your workplace mod i wish there was more of that :D! Just building a village with it :P

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=1714

Still under construction xD

I wish i had more matching stuff, like churches and fast decaying graveyards, and a small fruit storage and grain and protein too, and school and stuff :P but its probably much work to mod. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:29:23 PM by Kyana »

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2018, 10:37:13 PM »
 :D No, they don't actually eat 6 portions, only one. The pie is worth 6 so if you trade
for wheat you get 6 times the food. I know it is insane but that is the way it is.

To put flags in a food market to control limits are trickier than your suggestion.

We only have one flag 'edible' for all food. Most food have two flags - like  edible | grain on corn.
If I want to make corn inedible I skip the edible flag.

If I put the flags grain | fruit | vegetables | protein as limits they only tell how much of each sort.
I can not separate edible from inedible if they have two flags.

Offline Kyana

• Laborer
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »
Thanks for clarifying this!

If you put the max of edible at 90% and fruit 25, protein 25. Grain 25 and veggie 25, then it wouldnt work? Because then there is no inedible flag and it will fill more than 10%...

I thought there would be an "inedible" flag too. That makes it harder. Isnt it possible to make new flags? Or are they all taken.

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
 ;D There are a lot of taken new flags.
Materials, Crafted, Forged, Fabrics and more. But no, no new flags for food.
If you think. What is most important? Inedible or putting them in groups?
If I put Grain, Fruit, Vegetables and Protein at 25% each I never know if I
get edible or inedible stuff. If I put flags like 90% edible I don't know if it
will be all venison. Sorry for the shortcomings.

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »
It all started when more production chains were developed.
A mill for example made flour from grains.

What happening was (is) is that the bannies took some of the flour to home to eat as it was flagged as edible and so the bakers had a hard time getting the flour in, or at least it hurt the chain  is the claim.
Quite a few asked to take the Edible flag out of flour so bannies would not take it to eat so it was reserved for the bakeries.

This is a case of whatever we do it will not satisfy everyone.
I think quite a few are asking to make flour just edible again.
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

For my list of Mods with download links go here

Offline Kyana

• Laborer
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »
Yeah im just thinking for a solution because i like small food stands, i always use the general goods stall from kid + food markets. But in some towns i dont want inedibles filling the market, and now my town has so much meat, that fills up the edibles market completely.

Maybe its an idea to make 8 food groops: edible grain - edible protein - edible veggie - edible fruit

And inedible grain - inedible protein - inedible veggie - inedible fruit. This way you can put flag limits for the 4 food types AND have edibles only in a market. Just thinking :P

That would require a whole make-over of the mods though..

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »
Because of the limitations of the Mod kit it is not possible to add 4 food groups.

It is either Edible or leave the Edible out which means bannies not see it as food to eat but this can give issues on markets storage.

I personally think way too many foods were/are added to Banished over the years. In itself not bad to add many because diversion is a good thing but the downside is that it clutters the Inventory screens and it become more problematic for merchants as many times they bring stuff the players not want because the pool they have to pick some out by RNG are enormous.

Also many of us not really understood the downsides of adding too much stuff because modding for Banished was a new experience and it was understood way later that it had downsides as well like storage/inventory/merchants issues but we have "crossed the line" and it is not easy to go back a few steps.

Bannies not care one wink if they have to eat a pizza with a trade of 6 what comes of the production assembly lines what is flagged as Vegetable or just eat a 1 trade value vegetable straight from the crop field. The four sub flags are Protein, Vegetable, Fruit, and Grain. Not possible to add more to those 4 as they are sort of hard coded.

Many production chains were introduced because it makes the game more interesting and in many cases it does but on the other hand the game mechanics are not up to par to make it all work very good.
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

For my list of Mods with download links go here

Offline elemental

• Architect
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
Foods are only in your markets and barns and town hall list if you grow them or make them or import them. If you don't do any of those things you never see them, except for in the trader menu. But you can easily tell a merchant to only bring a small number of foods every time. So you really only have to look at the long list of different foods in the trader menu once for each food merchant.