Author Topic: Kid's Mods  (Read 6311 times)

Offline qubesquared

• Newb
Kid's Mods
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »
Is there a dedicated thread for all of Kid's mods, like what EB did for theirs, or am I overlooking something?

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
Re: Kid's Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
There is a thread under Mod Garage/Mod Discussions 107  On page 4, there is a thread  Overview 1.0.7 Mods which has a listing of mods my various modders.  It does not have the latest mods added but list all mods up to that date.  Sorry, don't know how to post a link to that thread.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
you can scroll through the download section but no there is not a complete list.KID has made many and some with different styles.if you are looing for something specific please ask.some older mods are good and do still work but are very good at hiding.

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »
going to go stick that post
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:58:56 AM by kid1293 »

Offline qubesquared

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:36:04 AM »
Wow, you're the BEST!!

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 09:49:47 AM »
Some Old Mods and Sources 1

Created to save some of my old mods and to give inspiration for modding.

My trusty Garden Shed. A small gardener to make your town more green.

Beef Tomatoes! I don't know what to do with them. Maybe you do?

And my Proper Time mod. Discussed here
I put it here too, to include the source.

Nomad sign. Just a welcome sign that brings nomads every year. 100-50-20-10-5-2 % of population.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/2582_22_08_17_9_45_38.png
Kid's Mods

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
Some Old Mods and Sources 2

Created to save some of my old mods and to give inspiration for modding.

Black/White Cattle. Just a simple retexture of vanilla cow. Now they give milk too.

Birch Bark Canoe. Found as modder's resource for game Morrowind.

Shroom. Found as edited modder's resource for game Morrowind. Not vanilla files!

Tiny Smoke. Tired of billowing clouds from every chimney? Try this.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/2582_22_08_17_9_45_54.png
Kid's Mods

Offline okkisafire

• Laborer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 05:43:59 AM »
Mr @kid1293 , can you compile all of your mods into one? I mean, I must choose one between house boat, fish pond, windmill, etc. I love windmill, but I like to try your other mods, too. Please :(

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »
I will not make one big mod of all my mods or even a part of my mods.
There will always be people who want another mix and then I have to do it again.
Not to talk about being compatible with every other big mod.  :(

Sorry, maybe I am lazy but I feel I have given as much freedom as I possibly can. :)

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 07:13:17 AM »
Mr @kid1293 , can you compile all of your mods into one? I mean, I must choose one between house boat, fish pond, windmill, etc. I love windmill, but I like to try your other mods, too. Please :(

but why you dont use them all ?
dont tell me you still believe in 2018 that if a mod turn red in the mod window it is NOT compatible ??

red colored only mean they "share the same data" and "share the same items"

lets get an example, @okkisafire .

i do a mod that add a new crop : Cotton
so your mod allow you to buy a new seed, plant it in a crop and at fall, you get a resource called "cotton"

now i do another mod that add a weaver. it will take your cotton and make cloths with it.
I am obligated to put the exact same data called "cotton" inside so the weaver is able to take that resource called "cotton" and make cloths with it. and you get a new resource called " Cloth"
BUT they both have the exact same data named "cotton" they both becomes "red colored". But they are 100% compatible ! they are red but they are meant to work together !!

now i do a 3rd mod to take a resource called " cloth" and i want to add a tailor which will take that "cloth" and will make a new resource called "Fancy Dress".
AGAIN, they both becomes "red colored" because they both have again the same data : a resouce called "cloth". But again they are 100% compatible ! they are "red colored" but they are meant to work together !!!

as you can see, "red colored" doesnt mean they are not compatible ! it means they share data between them, and since they have the exact same data inside both, only 1 copy will be taken, the first one the game saw : the first copy of the cotton it saw, and the first copy of the "cloth" it saw in your mod list.
thats all

and who care ? they are the exact same copy of the same files : same files that brings "cotton" in your game. the same files that brings "cloth" in your game.

Edit: this the same reason your megamod part 1 turns red colored with your megamod part 2 , and turns red colored with your megamod part 3 : they all share the same data between them so something in part 1 can make and something in part 2 can take that new thing and make something it will, and your part 3 can take that something and do again something else !! They ALL need to have the same new resources so they can do something with it :)
they are not "red colored NON_compatible !! they are meant to work together :).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:51:28 AM by RedKetchup »
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »

You can use all of Kid's mods at the same time.   I do, and there is no problem.  Maybe it is as RedKetchup said that you thought if the mod listing turned red, that is meant you can't use them together.  But as RedKetchup explained, that is not true.  I know the mod list details say there is or might be a conflict, but it is not the case. So go crazy adding all the mods you like!  ;D

Offline okkisafire

• Laborer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 05:10:05 AM »
I had tried it, but that just make my Banished crashed and I have to reinstall it again -_-

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 06:18:02 AM »
You have to place the mods in a certain order, but, make sure they're 1.0.7 compatible.

Offline okkisafire

• Laborer
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »
I just don't get it. Even that I removed all the mods, it kept crash. I have no idea but to reinstall my Banished.