Author Topic: RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL  (Read 16765 times)

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
Re: RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
If you need more charcoal then definitely up the workers to 2 as you did. If you need more charcoal after that then yes build another charcoal kiln but keep an eye on your firewood production as you might need to bump that also and then might have to bump log production. This all happens as your town grows of course.

@moonbelf Thanks, it does have that knock on effect with an increased need for a product to then need to increase the raw materials that go to make it. I am starting to appreciate how good the greenhouse is in this mod :)

Inedible food mods are at https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/Thread-Inedible-Foods .  Note that you need the download "fix" at the bottom of that page so non Colonial Charter mod buildings will understand the inedible foods.

@galensgranny That should be very useful with my limited herd of bison and the need for their steaks. Thanks, a very good list there.

Regarding more workers in the gatherer's, hunter's, I do not believe it will deplete natural resources.  The foods that grow, such as the mushrooms, etc., will regrow every year, unless you keep chopping down all the trees.   Mushrooms need trees.  The hunter lodge has a radius so animals not in that area will not be hunted down, except sometimes as a hunter is walking home to eat, he might kill an animal in his path that is out of the hunting lodge radius.

I did find that assigning extra hunters and gatherers seems typical, perhaps, with this mod. I might have got this wrong but in the vanilla game they are already assigned a higher number when you first build them. The twon hall is so useful for watching trends of usage etc, saved my game several times...!

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2020, 02:35:02 PM »
remember that you can starve the bannies by using in-edible foods.say you start with wheat and it is in-edible,the bannies will not eat it until it is processed. if the flour is also in-edible,you will need a bakery and the mill before the bannies will food to eat. another thing to consider would be if you add any other mods, they might not stock the in-edible foods.

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »
That's a good point to remember, thanks. Perhaps as I become accustomed to the games mechanics I might not need to use it, I just remember using it often in that other game as it was very useful.
As my population grows, and emphasis is placed on food accumulation, it is possible to have a buffer in storage. The town hall is most useful.
It can be easy to take your eye off the ball tho. I'm going through a tool crisis at the moment, lol.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:35:30 AM by Vimes »

Offline moonbelf

• Trader
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »
As my population grows, and emphasis is placed on food accumulation, it is possible to have a buffer in storage. The town hall is most useful.
It can be easy to take your eye off the ball tho. I'm going through a tool crisis at the moment, lol.

You can have hundreds of thousands of food in storage. Just increase the limit.

Tool crisis. Yes that can happen pretty fast. I build a second blacksmith and have one making iron and the other making tools. That is until I can build a forge to process iron, after I've built an iron mine. Then switch to steel tools or carbon tools as they last longer.

Don't forget that educated bannies are much more productive than uneducated so a school is super important.

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2020, 10:49:06 AM »
Good point about the food and storage, as well as education.
This being my first time with Banished the game is proving to be a bit of a learning curve.
Took me a while to figure out that hops are counted as herbs and so that is why the greenhouse wasn't able to produce any.
The tools one did catch me out and yes all my Bannies are well educated.
I know that I have mentioned it before but I do miss not being able to easily lock and unlock items from the use of the villagers. It would make retaining and producing stock just for industry and manufacturing a little easier.

Took me a while to understand that I do not need the equivalent of donkeys and caravaners, as the other game that I played did. They were used to transport commodities between barns and stockpiles  to balance out stock between them.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2020, 12:11:12 PM »
you are correct there is a learning curve or time to adjust your play style.  you can use the limits to your advantage. in the beginning,keep them low for tools and clothing,so these workers help the laborers more often. as the population grows, increase them. the game will alert you that you are running low.

1 trick to avoid tool shortages is have different blacksmiths that produce different tools. set 1 ding on mods used.to iron ,1 to iron ore,1 to stone. this way if you are short a material,the others can keep making tools. same thing can be done with clothing ,depending on mods used.

also use the townhall. the production stats help tell you each year what you are not producing enough of. if you see log production is running less than the used #,slow down construction and add a forester.

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
Thanks for those pointers.

I have just realised what it has meant to not pay attention that much to the actual stock within my barns. The normal barn can hold far more than just food items when it comes to this mod. As I seemed to enjoy making those items without them being traded or used much I hadn't paid attention to the fact that my barns were emptying of food and filling up with other non essential items. Food production remained positive, for a while, just no where for it to go..!
To have around 250 or so population was satisfying for me, to then see almost that many knife and fork symbols appear on the screen was a little concerning, understatement there...!
I then started seeing other more dire symbols......

:'(   :o

It's all about balance, I now know.

Offline moonbelf

• Trader
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2020, 04:31:59 PM »
It's definitely a learning curve but you're doing well! Keep it up :)

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2020, 02:55:04 AM »
Thanks.

As I'm trying to re-balance my storage, have you got any idea as to what commodities combine to the "Misc" category...?

I am having to set that value really high to try and get some fertiliser growing in my stables for the greenhouses. But I do not see any single one item adding to the 14,000 target that I have had to set to start some production. I have zero fertiliser in stock. If I knew what else was adding to the Miscellaneous category I could reduce or temporarily switch off their production or gathering etc.

Thanks again.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2020, 03:59:51 AM »
I might be wrong, itīs been a while since I played RKEd but as far as I remember fertilizer is in the same category as clay and sand, materials I think itīs called. "Misc" is more flowers, perfume and such things. I might be wrong and mix versions of the mod because I know that Red made some changes here. But I remember my trouble with fertilizer on stockpiles close to brickyards and glassmakers and clay on piles close to the greenhouses.

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2020, 04:29:34 AM »
Thanks, you could be on to something there. I think that misc might include water and flowers as I moved both at the same time to the trade ports and I could then drop the 14k limits for the Misc category. If I'm right then fertiliser is in the same group as flowers and water (?). Even tho water is capped with the food group, so I could be wrong with that one.
I'm forming an opinion that clay and sand are part of the materials group.

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2020, 05:07:22 AM »
Water is food, so if your people are starving donīt move it to the trading port. It belongs to no food category, so if someone gets only water he will lose all the hearts but will not starve.

Offline Vimes

• Laborer
« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2020, 05:14:04 AM »
Oops. Just re read what I had written. I had over 12k of water and it was increasing in stock. So I moved  around 8k or so to the trading posts and I'm monitoring the balance. But now that I understand that it has a sustaining function I'll be cautious.

At over 250 Bannies I have used my last "knife and spoon" incident to take stock of my position and ensure that I'm ok at sustaining, with growth potential.
When those nomads come knocking tho they have to be catered for, they arrive hungry. lol

Offline CookieBarrel

• Laborer
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »
@RedKetchup Regarding XtraLgt V1.3.1e. Will you be sharing this or no?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk