Author Topic: THE NORTH 6  (Read 29069 times)

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: THE NORTH 6
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
yes but the new grass looking houses override it when added with the North mod.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #511 on: July 25, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »
No, I don't want to scrap any of my existing houses.^^ The very first red ones were recolored vanilla huts and replaced then by the red cottage. They are still in game with vanilla texture.

Both new house types can be single mods then @zak4862. They are not connected with any special production chain or balancing. Only clay will be necessary for the frame houses as not vanilla resource. Turf or peat I will probably keep as a free resource just taken from building sites or from the surrounding area. So the turf houses are made from a few wood and stone but with a reasonable building time. With thatch I'm not sure yet but I tend to keep it free as well. It is nice to have wooden and thatched roofs as F variants.

Is this first stone church something nice and worth to create for Banished @darnokthemage?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:39:34 AM by Tom Sawyer »

Offline zak4862

• Vendor
« Reply #512 on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »
Awesome news. Thanks.
   Regards   zak4862  :)

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:30 AM »
Earliest Swedish stone house is a small stone church from the 1040s in Varnhem, Sweden. Some of the more complicated stone buildings could maybe need a stonecutter?
One of the program I saw was about this excavation. Unfortunately I don't think there's more than a few walls found, and I don't think they've made any reconstruction. They think that it was made after English model, so if you want to make more Nordic stone buildings @Tom Sawyer , maybe you can look at Britain. The history of Scandinavia and Britain was very much connected at the time of the vikings.