Author Topic: THE NORTH 6  (Read 41428 times)

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
Re: THE NORTH 6
« Reply #585 on: November 04, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »
Or going down to Stockholm to trade Dried Herring and butter for wool and salt.

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #586 on: November 04, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
Yes, thank you Embx. I have it in Blender right now and it looks really nice. But with shields and so long.^^ Perfect for raiding England or so. I need rather something smaller for fishing lots of cod and herring at the near coast. :)

Take shields of (Saves on Poly too  ;) ) and scale it like 50% down.

I had it once so small and it was not looking bad or weird like it would be with a galleon ship or a ship of the line :)
I think I read somewhere the Vikings also had smaller versions of the long boats mostly for trading.
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

For my list of Mods with download links go here

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
« Reply #587 on: November 10, 2018, 06:32:10 AM »
I was playing the Anders and Ella map, and realized that we really need a small trading post, and a i mean smaller then the one we already have. Maybe you could combine the fishing thing and one of the really small storage barns into it. It would only trade a small amount of necessary things, like tools and a bit of iron.

Offline donwolfkonecny

• Laborer
« Reply #588 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
Tom, LOVE the Hunt Action. Is there a way you can make it disappear on it's own after 3 minutes? I often create it, forget about it, and my hunters are standing out there with nothing to do. And I can't find the bow to delete it, so I have to delete all the hunter assignments so the bow stands out in the forest. Thanks!

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #589 on: November 10, 2018, 09:11:29 AM »
there is a small TP. the mini mod addon brings 1 plus several nice neat options for start villages.  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/30-mini-buildings/

the townhall brings nomads without needing other buildings.the tool shop can make tools or leather coats.

as to the quickhunter,i lock these by clicking the pin icon. do the same thing with the quick fisherman. makes it much easier to move them.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #590 on: November 11, 2018, 08:18:06 AM »
Yes, the Mini Buildings are a nice addition in the North. They have a charming design, just a bit outdated without AO but I keep them in my recommendation list. It should be placed below in mod list to be included. The mini trading dock will then work properly with Nordic merchants and also gets a matching terrain decal. Maybe to make my own "mini dock" but for now I'm working on a bigger one.

This idea of a hunting spot that vanishes automatically after a month or so is really interesting @donwolfkonecny . It would be also nice for crayfishing. Always found it annoying to have to quit it manually. Thank you for this suggestion, I will try to implement it.

Offline donwolfkonecny

• Laborer
« Reply #591 on: November 12, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »
thanks brads for that tip, I'm clicking the pin for hunting. actually begun doing that also with the "crates and barrels" think too, except sometimes I get up to like 6 windows waiting lol (when you drop a hunter, drop a crates and it speeds up collecting, then delete the crate. I think this MIGHT be faster than not using the crate)

works well unless i forget to do it, or accidentally delete it instead of zooming
Tom that would be great :) if you managed to do it, try also for the clay, and i can't remember whether there was sand...

Offline theonlywanderer

• Laborer
« Reply #592 on: November 13, 2018, 06:40:27 AM »
I've done a few settlements using North 6, it's awesome.   Really changes up the atmosphere.   Well done!   Look forward to seeing it progress.

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
« Reply #593 on: November 15, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »
Now we just need townhouses! Recommend looking at this for some more Falu red houses: http://www.handkraft-timmerhus.se/huskatalog/

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »
That site seems to be offline but you are right, it needs townhouses and I would like to make them someday. At the moment, my favorites on a Nordic map are DS Townhouses with the Bryggen houses from Norway and Small Town Row Houses by Kid. Both fully compatible and with matching design.

With the idea of an auto-disappearing hunting spot I played around and got it to work (in principle). But sometimes the game still crashes when the spot vanishes and a hunter is assigned. I did it by adding animal features and let it die after a month. It seems to be handled differently by the game if an object is demolished or "dying". I can't solve it without access to the core game and gave up for now.

Offline 1

• Laborer
« Reply #595 on: November 16, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »
Two pictures for little chapel if you are interested. Chapel from island Ahvenanmaa near Finland. Vikings did trading there, and is a little debate, was the people who life there those times were vikings or not. Chapel has been in this place about year 1100, but this one in the pictures is rebuilt about 1500s. Its not very romantic or beautiful building, but its true north style.

And if you later do "townhouses" im very intrested to find wooden house models for you.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #596 on: November 16, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
Thank you for the pictures (saved). I already got a suggestion for an even smaller and more primitive chapel and will see what it will be exactly.

I would very much like to see your ideas for town houses or more houses in general. I'm not productive these days, some inspiration could help. ;D

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
« Reply #597 on: November 17, 2018, 03:33:52 AM »
Houses like these would be a very good addition. they were in style from 1750-1800, but continued to influence rural Sweden a long time. The building would actually be two, one large farmhouse and a farmhouse workshop, like the smaller ones have. Maybe the workshop could also produce some foodstuff and luxury items, like baking bread or weaving tapestries from wool.

Offline 1

• Laborer
« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2018, 04:50:51 AM »
Kids Small Town Row Houses will cover middle ages. My examples are more 1700s.
With color and some darker ones:

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
So many nice pictures!

The parstuga you already showed @darnokthemage or? It's especially nice with grass roof. As a combined object with workplace I'm not sure. The parts would not really work well separately and I somehow got away from this concept. As a complete home it would stay on 6 x 4 tiles for up to 6 peeps instead of a red cottage on 5 x 4 for 5. How would we name this house in English? Parstuga = pair cottage?^^

From Old Linköping I have many pictures too. It's my favored location for new town houses. I also like the ones from Luostarinmäki. They look like workman's houses around old factories or so. The colorful houses from porvo or rauma would work great in a Banished town as well, even on 4 tiles width for dense housing. I saved them all, thank you!