Author Topic: THE NORTH 6  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: THE NORTH 6
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »
That's the plan, Brad. I changed ale and mead to foodstuff to make it more important but it was before the happiness find. If it now can have a relevant effect then I think it should work in the original way. Both as food and alcohol doesn't really work, so I have to decide. Question is if it will be really worth to produce even with this effect. It's hard to balance because it costs food to produce more below the line and entertainment is only 1 of 5 aspects. But I want to try.

Debug we discussed at times and probably there will not be a consensus. For me it's a developer tool and not a part of the final game. It breaks all mechanics and makes balancing effort meaningless. I understand why many people love it but I find it also worth to keep it away. At least from this mod which has a focus on survival and to offer a challenging modded Banished besides pure vanilla. I'm also not the only modder who fixed the debug hack.

Offline liberty152

• Vendor
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2018, 05:09:12 PM »
I completely understand.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2018, 05:28:50 PM »
HOW much of the happiness have you unlocked ,and can make it affect the game?i do agree that happiness and health aren't as big of importance as they should be.

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
« Reply #363 on: April 15, 2018, 04:27:49 AM »
Could a new "Sami" level or a "trapper" level be added as an option to begin the game with. Maybe starts with some traps, two reindeers, food and a goahti. Some more Sami things in general would be really fun for the mod, maybe make reindeers drop horns that can be crafted into trade goods in a goathi expansion.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/K%C3%A5ta_050701.JPG
THE NORTH 6
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:55:06 PM by darnokthemage »

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #364 on: April 15, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
These are great ideas @darnokthemage. Both a trapper start as well as one for Sami people or reindeer herders. The second is close to the shepherd start but can include some interesting differences or even replace it. With trappers the problem is that actually fur trading is not a working strategy in very early game where even with a cart full of traps or a trapper cabin being built you will have to do a lot other things instead of this. Or it needs some changes to become a starting scenario. The idea is really cool, especially in this theme.

Such a goahti I already started in Sketchup some time ago to include a very early game dwelling for surviving the first year in hard conditions. Then put it aside and made a bigger turf house for the same purpose and easier balancing. Maybe a good idea to dig out the old sketch.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:50:52 PM by Tom Sawyer »

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #365 on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
Hey, bring it on! :) :D

Offline darnokthemage

• Laborer
« Reply #366 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:38 AM »
The fur trade in general needs to be more important, because it was almost the only trade goods that the people in northern Sweden that was worth something. Maybe sami traders bearing fur goods that you can buy and later sell would be nice. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkarls The Birkarls were traders and taxmen in northern Sweden which had the privilege to tax and trade with the local sami, it would be interesting to see this represented in the game somewhere.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #367 on: April 21, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
I think about a small "spring update" soon

How soon is soon? I'm thinking of starting a new game combining the North with some DSmods. Should I wait for this update?

By the way; I like the thought of building a "sami settlement".
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:08:03 PM by Nilla »

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #368 on: April 21, 2018, 07:18:41 AM »
I'm sorry, but, I don't mess with peaceful natives.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #369 on: April 21, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »
It will be next week @Nilla. I want to post a first download here to let you do a test flight. And everyone else too, of course. :)

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2018, 02:23:46 AM »
OK, IŽll wait for it! :)

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2018, 04:20:39 AM »
@Tom Sawyer Don't give it to @Nilla . I want it first.