Author Topic: THE NORTH 6  (Read 48926 times)

Offline 1

• Trader
Re: THE NORTH 6
« Reply #690 on: January 10, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
@Tom Sawyer
My suggestion was in your banishedventures site, i did not find that topic anymore. I wasn't part of this forum then.
I suggest buildings sauna and riihi. You wrote "i look into your riihi building" Then you said sauna was in your list already, but missing models. After that conversation, i send you model pictures for sauna.
Maybe you remember now, not that it doesn't mater anymore. I was thinking then maybe it was too complicated for the game, and now i know it was.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2019, 01:53:24 AM »
@darnokthemage when you wrote Smoke-sauna, did you mean sauna for bath and for drying.
For me smoke sauna means savu sauna, for bathing, and they used it for drying and smoke too.
But when i talk about riihi, i mean not for bathing purposes, only for drying and threshing.
Then there is riihisauna, which is multipurpose bathing, drying, living...

Online Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #692 on: January 12, 2019, 03:05:45 AM »
Ah, it was together with the sauna. I remember pictures from those drying sheds for grain. Probably I had the same thought about it in game and just made your sauna suggestion. I still have the idea in mind, how it would be if the poor bannies would have to thresh their grain. Like it was in real before modern machines did it. Any thoughts?

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #693 on: January 12, 2019, 03:12:22 AM »
What do you mean, be more specific. Sorry. Maybe then i get ideas?

Online Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #694 on: January 12, 2019, 03:51:15 AM »
I mean in modern times, harvesters do thresh the grain already but before people had those machines it was a cumbersome work and additional steps. They went to the field for harvesting with a scythe like in Banished but did not get something edible. They had to thresh it at home or in a barn with a flail, to separate the grains from husks. It would be a processing step where a building like the riihi can improve something. But as i said, it would create intermediate products which we actually try to avoid. Probably, wheat and rye would get new models and be inedible, processed by threshing into "Grain" which would be stored in the granary and picked by the miller or by people for food. I could just use my annex workshop of the log cabins to let farmers thresh or they can do it in a Finish Riihi with a small advantage in yield or speed.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2019, 04:37:55 AM »
Yes, its hard to find sensible solution. My understanding for the game mechanics is low. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:49:43 AM by 1 »

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #696 on: January 12, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »
And fire place, kiln is the thing for riihi, without that its just barn. Kiln oven without chimney, like smoke-sauna, smoke get out from    flap.  Or smoke cabin for living, like your log cabins, but without chimney and glass windows. Windows with shutter (Idea for f variant to your log cabins.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:06:39 AM by 1 »

Offline darnokthemage

• Vendor
« Reply #697 on: January 12, 2019, 06:39:44 AM »
Threshing would be the perfect reason to impliment round-barns and long-barns, which were for threshing and storing hay or other material.https://norrbottensmuseumarkeologi.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/gallejaur_foto_daryoush_tahmasebi_2008_146_0095.jpg
THE NORTH 6

https://www.vbm.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/rundloge_1.jpg
THE NORTH 6

https://hallahus.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/rundloge-Burtrask-Abyn_red.jpg
THE NORTH 6

http://norsjoanor.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Rundloge-Kvammarn-blue-sky.png
THE NORTH 6

Could get some pictures of a long-barn too, as we have one.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #698 on: January 12, 2019, 10:53:50 AM »
Tom
If you make those new process for grain, does it make the north less compatible with other mods. Maybe not good idea i think, even though i don't play north mod.
It just because this kind riihi building is so common historically in north. It belongs historically for nordic agriculture. It gave the yield so much better prevent against mold, and the heat and smoke kills pests before threshing. And i think speed is not the thing it could give, heat make easier to separate grain, but much work to hang up it, and keep building warm for days.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #699 on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »
Maybe if bannies make this building, it would give better yield, without that they really make the processing, just keeping fire, and smoke some other things, but well... Maybe that's just too stupid.
Game is too simple.

Offline darnokthemage

• Vendor
« Reply #700 on: January 12, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
Or it processes grain into smoked grain, which would give more food.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »
Yes thats it. :) Now i feel my self so stupid, why not i figure that out in first place.  :-[

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #702 on: January 12, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
Its not exactly right like in reality, its skip the threshing part, but that way no need to make the game too complicated, and face more problems.
And its kind of give real purpose of the building, just little simpler way opposite the reality. Somebody would say,  a long way from reality. But i think this smoked grain, is close enough, for this game.
Lets see what Tom Sawyer think.

Offline Gatherer

• Banished Expert
« Reply #703 on: January 12, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
Would that make regular grain inedible or would they both be edible?
Fiat panis

Offline darnokthemage

• Vendor
« Reply #704 on: January 12, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »
Both, one just better, it could also maybe produce more flour?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:49:28 AM by darnokthemage »