Author Topic: Kid - Animal Shed - Cheese  (Read 1158 times)

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: Kid - Animal Shed - Cheese
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »
the nordic mods are TOM's. they won't cause the crash.yes they are 1.06 mods but they don't need the new flags.i have an old townhall and trading post via the mini mod. i am using RED's trader fix mod< RK vanilla TP for 1.07>>.

if your game is ony crashing after you add the animal mod and works with all the others, open the mod menu in game.scroll to the animal mod,enable it, and then click the minimize icon to the mod window below the enable "X".this will pull up mods that are conflicting. now,all community mods will show on this list just ignor those. this list of conflicts should be listed from the top of your mod order down. what you want to find is any old mod that is showing a conflict with the animal mod.

once you have it narrowed down to what mod is conflicting,you have a couple options.1 you can try to swap the 2 in mod order and then recheck the conflict.below the list of mods that are conflicting there is a file list. some are white<no conflict>,orange< conflict but the files for this mod load or override the other>,and yellow< conflicted files that are over rode by another mod>.this is handy info. in your case you want the anima mod to not show any yelow files. it is possable that with this mod not showing yellow files,the crash might still happen. since you overrode the files of another mod and they will show yelllow.

once you narrow it down to what file is causing issues,i would click the minimize button on that mod and check its files for conflicts. by narrowing it down to what specific file or line of coding is the culprit, you can take a good guess as to what it does. that can hep you decide which to keep if moving them in mod order doesn't work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i am sure you aren't the ony 1 who will read this so i wil add some info.
          1st we aren't modders but we can not affect the files. do not be afraid to use this minimize button and open these files or coding lines. you can not screw up. the ony thing we can do is enable or disable or move the mods.there is no way to mess with the actual files,we are safely locked out.
       2nd yes it is a long list of files nowadays with the community icon. those code files are listed with the communtiy icon files at the top. you can scroll down past them and then look for actual conflicts.generally you will find resource and value files that show a conflict.those interact with other mods well.the mod above sets the prices for the trading post and the bucket of milk that shows up.
     3rd: since it lists the conflicting mods in order,it does help you determine the mod order.once you ignore the community mods,you do have a smaller list. this can be very helpful with start condition mods.

i'll give you 2 examples. the dense forest mod has 2 lines. looking at the mod conflict list ,i was able to determine that it had to go above the immortal tree mod.it also shows no conflict with the pine mod,so doesn't replant those trees. the list of mod conflicts lists CC and then the other mods from my mod order top down.this tells me the CC is loading too early due to the mod registry.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 12:32:32 PM »
correction @brads3 the Nordic Houses v1.2 is Kid's mod of red & white houses and school.  @tuggistar it matches nicely with Kid's Colonial Resources mod, there are red barns storage, and pasture.  The houses also match well with RK Red Creamery mod and of course Tom Sawyer's The North mod.

It is probably the Barn Store All 1.06 mod that is causing your problem.

Offline galensgranny

• Architect
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »
:)
Nordic Houses. I think I made so many houses no one would miss these.
They are still there and they function as they should. No need to update.
@kid1293, it is not correct that no one would miss your Nordic houses and it's school.  I would miss them a lot!
@brads3, Kid has Nordic House mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=103
Tom also has a separate Nordic house mod, but I think Tuggistar is talking about the one Kid made.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »
i wil go stand in the corner then. i have this mod but thought it was TOM's since it is a nordic mod.it shows no conflicts of any kind.

Offline tuggistar

• Trader
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 05:55:18 PM »
I tested each mod separately activated came out and entered the banished: Deco Sunflower, NMT 3.0 deco Crop, Nordic Houses, Fantasy Castle, Coal Furnace ist OK.
Conflicts were:
V1.0.7 - Bits and Pieces Part 2: Gift Shop, Mexican Fantasy.
Old Mods - Garden Shed, Tiny Chopper, Barnstorage store, Barnstorage store All.
The rest is fine.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »
@tuggistar if I am not mistaken Bits and Pieces part 2 mod has been removed for some reason.

Garden Shed and Tiny Chopper are include in Kid Tiny Separate mod so if you are using that mod then you are using old and new versions of the garden she and tiny chopper.  I have never had a problem using these mods separately.  I have not had a problem with gift shop or Mexican Fantasy however there is a new mod with new version of Mexican Fantasy include. 

Also Barnstorage all does not have new flags and would cause a problem.

Offline kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »
@tuggistar - You heard the ladies!
They sometimes know more about my mods than I do :)

Offline tuggistar

• Trader
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
Thank you Abandoned for the answer. I checked all the Toolbar of kid1293 and finally found Tinychopper, gardenshed. Because of the change of style I slightly lost them. But the latest version of the Gift Shop (25.02.2017), Mexican Fantasy (23.02.2017) I have from Bits and pieces Part 2. I haven't found any other versions.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 04:41:19 AM »
@tuggistar Here is Mexican Fantasy -  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=148

It is a 106 mod but it works fine with 107 updated game. You should take out the pieces from Bits and pieces Part 2, there was a problem but I don't remember what it was.  The Gift Shop I will go look for.

The tiny pieces were each separate, the were compiled Tiny Compilation together and the Tiny Separates mod was made - they should not be used together. There was an early Tiny mod also, again all these Tinys should not be used at the same time.

I no longer find Gift Shop - however I still have it in my game and have had no problem when I have used it on a map.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:15:38 AM by Abandoned »

Offline tuggistar

• Trader
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 09:25:28 AM »
Thank you Abandoned. Mod Gift Shop I'll leave alone. Thanks again. ;D

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:39 AM »
your welcome @tuggistar   :)  Enjoy the game