Author Topic: Just a few screenshots  (Read 228 times)

Offline ConTheJedi

• Newb
Just a few screenshots
« on: October 25, 2019, 03:43:35 AM »
Hey all!

Long-time Banished player but first-time poster to these forums, which are great by the way - found many a guide / hint / mod over the years!

Just wanted to share a couple of screenshots of my latest town - a lot has changed since my early days of Banished where every town was the same, repetitive grid-like shape and that's mostly thanks to the amazing mods available.  They've added even more realism to what was a pretty realistic game, so thanks!  I've been playing mostly with mods by Discrepancy and RedKetchup (with a few random ones thrown in as well)

Hope you like the shots - feel free to comment or suggest any tips / advice for future improvements or ideas!

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/11605_25_10_19_3_21_35.jpeg
Just a few screenshots

A humble Cabbage Farm.  Simple things like the addition of fences and gates to the game means the houses / farms can be combined in a much more realistic way.  I'm also a huge fan of the little details such as the cart and lantern - they don't actually do anything but I think they just make the whole area feel more lived in.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/11605_25_10_19_3_25_33.jpeg
Just a few screenshots

The Windmill.  I took what I'd learnt with the Cabbage Farm and ran with it - a large barn in the centre makes it easy for all the workers to harvest the food and the paths running through the middle make it feel like any generic UK countryside.  I should probably change the cabbage fields to corn though - it's not like you can run cabbages through a mill!

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/11605_25_10_19_3_34_26.jpeg
Just a few screenshots

A Small Settlement.  One of the biggest "game-changers" in my opinion is the angled buildings - finally, no more grids with every house facing the same direction!  Really like using the small market carts instead of the massive marketplace as well.

That's all for now!  I'm in the process of building a more compact town-centre - tall buildings, narrow streets, hectic marketplaces, etc - but had to stop to deal with a sudden food shortage!  If I can stop the town from dying of starvation, hopefully I'll post some more soon!  If not, then it's back to the drawing board! 

Thanks again everyone!

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: Just a few screenshots
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
i try leaving a space between fields all the way around them. 2 reasons for this. 1 is i have heard of fields becoming blocked so they coud not be worked. the other is so the farmers have  space to work and lay down the baskets. its a way to avoid a potential issue.

since you mentioned a food shortage, i wonder if more storage barns close to the fields would help improve that.with less walking from a couple farmers,you might increase outputs quckly.

Offline catty-cb

• Vendor
Re: Just a few screenshots
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »
.... hopefully I'll post some more soon!  If not, then it's back to the drawing board!  ...

Look forward to your next posts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk