Author Topic: Where you live ?  (Read 9534 times)

Online Oenanthe

• Laborer
Re: Where you live ?
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2015, 06:27:34 AM »
Seeing as the UK seems under represented I had better add another to the list.  Greeting from Wolverhampton in the West Midlands. 

Weather report; wet normally.  Winter, wet and cold, Summer, wet and warm, and if it isn't actually raining we are normally expecting it to and making comments about it looks like it is going to, except on those few sunny days in the Summer when we complain about it being too hot.  Weather is something the British really can talk (moan) about all the time.

Offline Thorgrimm

• Laborer
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »
I hail from a town eight miles east of St Paul, one of the Twin Cities in Minnesota, called Little Canada!  ;D

A comment on the weather can be summed up by a nickname we Minnesotans have for our state: Minnesnowda! As it suggests we get lots of snow!

Cheers, Thor
The Mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be lit - Plutarch

Offline Glenn

• Vendor
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »
I live in a small coastal village on the shore of Jervis Bay, two hours drive south of Sydney, Australia on the south coast on New South Wales.

A very nice place to live, well away from the problems of life in a city.

Offline A Nonny Moose

• Architect
  • Try to always learn something new, daily.
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »
I live in a small town about 100 Km. north of London, Ontario, Canada.  Hensall has a population in the neighbourhood of 1200 if you take in the rural areas, and is the white (Navy) bean capital of Canada if not the world.  There are two big elevator companies here that job the beans onto the rail system.  While there are a few active industrial operations here, it is mostly a retirement community and for some hardy souls, a bedroom community for London.  There is no public transit and it takes about an hour to reach the outskirts of the city along provincial highway No. 4 with a general speed limit of 80 Km/hr except going through towns.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.