News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Screen 1 - And just like that, the bridge is done.

Screen 2 - the final frontier, on the northern periphery: Forest nodes with market support.

Screen 3 - another diphtheria outbreak contained to patient zero  ;D

irrelevant

I tried an experiment, I created and unpaused the houses surrounding the market, and I also marked all the stone and iron in the vicinity for collection. Almost instantly the two areas were flooded with laborers working away. Once they got out there, they just kept on working, clearing the construction sites. Going to remember that. Up to now, I had been too conservative on the periphery, releasing the construction projects in dribs and drabs, and collecting stone and iron only once I had a sizable workforce in the area. No more, it is resource collection that draws laborers to an area in droves, and once they are there, they work on clearing the construction sites.

The one thing I must be careful of is not to get my wintering farmers caught up in this.

irrelevant

Oh God, everyone is working. It's so beautiful; I think I'm going to cry. :'(

;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I'm beat and I'm going to bed; I just wanted to put this up though.

Rickettsville is done. I'll post screenshots Thursday night.

So compulsive, I had to go back through and clean up/consolidate all the 2x2 and 2x3 stockpiles I put around everywhere when I was doing construction and resource collection. There must have been 25 or 30 of them.

irrelevant

So now's the job of a last complete tour.

Late Spring 70, pop 2000

Old Town and Western Farms

Screen 1 - Old Town and the original 3 TPs, with Open Door Square; the northern end of the western farms.

Screen 2 - Central western farms, just south of Oldtown. Nomads Gap on the left side there. Beyond that is Nomad Farms and Nomad Nodes, that's where the tour will finish up.

Screen 3- Western farms, the south end, on the right, with part of Nomad Farms on the left. Inventory panel, top portion.

Screen 4 - South frontier forest market. Inventory panel, bottom portion. No no-nos  ;)

irrelevant

Eastern Farms

Screen 1 - Across the river to the south end of Eastern Farms. Production panel. Looks like I traded away about a million of food, mainly trading beans and corn to buy walnuts and plums. Traded lots of tools, clothes, and ale, bought logs, iron, stone, wool, and leather.

Screen 2- central Eastern Farms, showing the largest portion of undeveloped land on the map, just to the right there. This by the way is the arrangement of houses, barns, and fields that I have settled on for large-scale farming operations. Very efficient of space, and of farmers walking from fields to houses and storage.

Screen 3 - northern Eastern Farms, boot hill, and part of eastern forest market. Population curve.

Screen 4 - entire eastern forest market; food chart

Screen 5 - northeastern forest market; seeds and livestock panel

irrelevant

Northern Forest Markets and Manufacturing Center

Screen 1 - North central forest markets. An unused bit there along the eastern shore of the lake.

Screen 2 - Manufacturing Center ran really well. Two markets, three ports, four each of choppers, tailors, taverns, and blacksmiths.

Screen 3 - West central forest markets

Screen 4 - Northern frontier forest market.

irrelevant

Western Forest Markets

Screen 1 - Northwestern frontier forest market.

Screen 2 - Western frontier forest market, north end.

Screen 3 - Western frontier forest market, north central. Unused bit on that promontory there. But I've got a bridge!

Screen 4 - Western frontier forest markets, south central

Screen 5 - Nomad Farms

Screen 6 - Nomad Forest Market and Nodes.

irrelevant

I believe this is the final save, if anyone wants to look at it. Be warned you may receive achievement spoilers. Master Builder, for sure.

edit: Actually not Master Builder, cause I tore down most of the boarding houses.

RedKetchup

woah ! save number 187 ! how you can deal with all these saves in your list ?

irrelevant

Well, they appear in order of date/time saved, so it's not so hard. I like to be able sometimes to go back and look at earlier things. My first town still boggles me, how bad it was. We learn from our mistakes, they say....

I'll do some weeding eventually  ;)

RedKetchup

but 187 thats alot lol. we have 6 per page so .... you have 32 pages rofl
personally, i put them in a sub-folder (name-seed-conditions) when i dont need them anymore.
Lucky Seven - seed 777 LV (for example)

irrelevant

That's a good idea. I'll probably eventually move mine to my G: drive, I have a 1TB standalone device.

irrelevant

It just hit me: this is no longer a vegetarian town; I can have sheep! Baaaa! And hunters if I want; woo-hoo!

I have a livestock merchant pinned at a TP, and I'm building a pasture. I feel so....naughty. ;D