Author Topic: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread  (Read 7120 times)

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2018, 11:41:57 PM »
looking at this picture...

i am wondering in real life ... is the bradenburger is more big than the white house ?
how big are your doors ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
The Brandenburg Gate is 65 m in width = about 40 game tiles and the White House is 51 m long = about 30 game tiles, if you make it in real proportions. To have it smaller in game can make sense of course.

I also agree that there is no need of a real function except of happiness and to let the bannies idle there. Immigration is not so fitting like for the Liberty Statue in my opinion. It even can become annoying in late game with too many nomad attractors. In real life, the Tor also does not have any practical function. It was build as a triumph gate and prestige building to show the power of Prussia or so. As a symbol of peace I'm not so sure with the Victory Goddess on top.^^ Of course, today it's a symbol of freedom and unity. So it would be right if the model in Banished is such a prestige building or monument too.. a classical achievement thing where we often talked about and the function is to just have it. I would give reasonable high building costs, without a cheap version. It would support the idea of an achievement. :)

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2018, 03:53:15 AM »
The Brandenburg Gate is 65 m in width = about 40 game tiles and the White House is 51 m long = about 30 game tiles, if you make it in real proportions. To have it smaller in game can make sense of course.

ok, good. this is why i am asking... i never seen neither those buildings in real life. and i only know Brandenburg Gate cause Civ V has it as wonder ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2018, 08:03:23 AM »
I looked at a few pictures of the Tor and see people in front of it to gave me the estimated size.
As Tom says, it seems mine is about a 1/4 smaller then the real one.  ??? 30 tiles width instead of 40 but it is big enough as it is if I compare it to the white house on the picture from Kimbolton.

The doors of the Tor are big, not regular sized doors but more like three people lenght.

Either this mod, Cristo Redentor, Monument Founding Father, Statue of Liberty need to be highest of my mods in the mod list or the toolbar will not show up properly.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:07:32 AM by embx61 »
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2018, 09:12:11 AM »
Speaking of Wonders.
Almost a whopping 5.5 Million poly.  ???
The Forum Romanum of the Roman Empire in it's glory days :)

No, I am not going to recreate this but I see enough parts in this mesh what can be of some sort of use for Banished.
Statues, Columns, A arch, Temples, and lots of other stuff which are separately okay poly wise or just need a bit of cleanup to be useful.

But first I am working on a fountain. Still have to finish the pottery chain and a small fish cart.
With so many beautiful buildings like the Tor and now the Forum Romanum, and many others I found on sketchup site I get easily side tracked :)

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_17_09_18_8_57_41.jpeg
EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
My beloved Kathy

Online embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »
Working on a fountain.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_17_09_18_3_49_53.jpeg
EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
My beloved Kathy

Offline galensgranny

• Architect
« Reply #321 on: Today at 02:15:55 AM »
That is some wonderfully fancy fountain!  It would be good near the other fancy, large "wonder" buildings.  I will need to make a wealthy section, with some of the large fancy houses others have made.