Author Topic: Kid - Old Town V1.0  (Read 996 times)

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
Kid - Old Town V1.0
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »

Offline Hawk

• Architect
Re: Kid - Old Town V1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
I like those @kid1293

Nice job. I haven't played Banished in a while (been preoccupied with a couple other games) but I just might have to install this and fire it up.  ;D
Hawk

Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »
Good to hear. Banished lives!

There is a lot in the mod I haven't shown :)

Offline Hawk

• Architect
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »
It will be fun to find out what it is.  ;D
Hawk

Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
I fired up a new game and played using this mod for a few hours.  I just love having the vanilla textures on more buildings.  I only have one question, and it's not a criticism, just me wondering about something.
You've got a records office and also a tower that reports inventory.  It is essentially just that tab from the town hall.  While I like the look of the building, what is the advantage of having both?  I'm guessing other people must use the town hall much differently than I do.

Offline galensgranny

• Architect
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
Thanks, Kid!  This is great!  :)   I recognize the tower house from one of your early mods, Houses for Sale, when it had a orange and other colors tile, roof  Glad to see it again retextered!.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »
GG,probably cause players like different building styles.sometimes 1 doesn't fit as well as another depending on the village. i actually use several townhalls on maps.it is a handy tool to check inventory while you are working in a village and then to be abe to check it quick when in a mining area.others use the minimize button on the TH.we all are different.

i forget to hit the pin on the TH when i am checking TP's or adjusting limitsetc.having a TH close by saves waundering way over there and forgetting what  was goina check. LOL

Offline drnad

• Laborer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
Thank you kid for giving new buildings in vanilla textures.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 07:37:25 PM »
I can answer these replies.  :)  @galensgranny that tower house from Houses for Sale is one of my favorite houses Kid made.  I originally suggested it be retextured as an inventory only overseer for port or mining area thinking of @brads3 and myself  :) but @Goblin Girl I also love lighthouses.  So we decided to make the tower house a Hall of Records and the lighthouse an overseer of the port.  My town hall is usually far from the port area and I like to check inventory when trading or stocking trading post, so the lighthouse is decorative and useful.

When suggesting things to Kid I try to include things mention in the forum (like more Wild West) or things I know others would like even if it is not something I would particularly want.  I rarely use markets or taverns.  I remembered tavern after we thought Old Town was done but Kid added it in before release.  I am afraid Ghost Town got a bit more complicated than @kid1293 would have liked  ;)  I know he will be as happy as I am that you all like basic vanilla Old Town.  :)

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »
no tavern in a WW town? what country are you from again? LOL

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »
LOL brads3, I rarely have enough grain if any to feed my people much less make alcohol out of it  :)  WW Corn Crib is so cool  8)

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 08:24:58 PM »
So we decided to make the tower house a Hall of Records and the lighthouse an overseer of the port.  My town hall is usually far from the port area and I like to check inventory when trading or stocking trading post, so the lighthouse is decorative and useful.
This is a really good idea! 

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 08:54:47 PM »
 :) Thanks

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »
grain.....? umm the root beer tavern,the honey still,the maple still,wineries,the Pilgrim's rest has options or the Swan. you are right that we need a non-brewing tavern that will store the different options.i have just 1 from CC. course you can set 1 to use plums and never grow them too.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 10:24:32 PM »
oh yes, there are a lot of different taverns and options, I think I have used all the ones you mentioned at one time or another but not often.