Author Topic: Welcome New Members!  (Read 45999 times)

Offline Voeille

• Trader
Re: Welcome New Members!
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2018, 06:04:45 AM »
I guess I should say hello :) I registered to download mods (awesome job everyone), and Iíve also been reading random topics with a lot of useful info. I got Banished this year (got about 500h in so far), so Iím a bit late to the party, but itís a great game and Iím glad I decided to give it a go when I saw it mentioned on Cities Skylines forums.

Offline Gatherer

• Banished Expert
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Fiat panis

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2018, 09:59:19 AM »
Welcome on World of Banished @Voeille !!!  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Offline NinjaPickle

• Newb
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2018, 02:36:43 AM »
Hi all, I have been playing banished about a year now, and still loving it. Mostly because of the fantastic mods you guys keep releasing,
a huge thanks to all the modders!
I'm trying to work through Blender with the aim of giving something back, but dont hold your breath lol.

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2018, 05:00:57 AM »
Welcome on WoB @NinjaPickle !!

Offline Tsar Lyagushka

• Translator Interpreter for Banished Mods
  • Newb
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2018, 06:05:46 AM »
Hello everyone ! I decided to register after that I played more than 500 hours (96 hours on Steam version, the 404 hours left were played on GOG version) on Banished. I tried most of the mods present here and I enjoy the game more thanks to it. I have recently provided a French translation for the Nordic expansion of @Tom Sawyer. If anyone else wants I provide a French translation of their mods, let me know and I will be glad to do it for you :)
I'm able to translate your mods in French (Native) and Italian (Level 6 EQF)

Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch. (c)

Peter the Great

Offline Gatherer

• Banished Expert
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here.
Fiat panis

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
Bienvenue sur World of Banished , @Tsar Lyagushka !

Offline Tsar Lyagushka

• Translator Interpreter for Banished Mods
  • Newb
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2018, 08:54:03 AM »
Bienvenue sur World of Banished , @Tsar Lyagushka !

Merci RedKetchup :) J'aime beaucoup votre pack pour faire une ville mťdiťvale, je l'ai utilisť souvent dans certaines cartes.

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here.

I'm sure I will with all the mods to test ;D
I'm able to translate your mods in French (Native) and Italian (Level 6 EQF)

Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch. (c)

Peter the Great

Offline Jewelz

• Laborer
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2018, 04:00:45 PM »
I guess I should say hello over here.

52 year old Lady who was young, hip, and cool once! ;D

I'm a long time gamer. I have played pen and paper D&D, and Original Warcraft turn-based strategy games, along with other desktop games like civilization, and the Ultima series.

Started playing MMORPGs with Everquest, then Everquest 2, then WoW. In between WoW breaks, I discovered this little game on Steam called Banished! I played vanilla up to about 75% of the achievements (about 2 years.)

I was inspired to try other city building games and played sim city societies for a bit, but there just wasn't any challenge in it and it got old fast. I went back to re-install Banished, and it was then that I discovered mods. Ha!

I think Colonial Charter was my first and only one for quite some time, but then I decided to see if there was a way to slow aging down a bit. Then I went mod-crazy.

Anyway, every time I think I'm done, I see a new mod and I come back.

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »
Very welcome @Jewelz !!!

me too i played D&D and AD&D pen and paper for like 10 years :)
although i didnt played alot of age of empire / original warcraft.... i played World of Warcraft for 6-7 years.
i played heroes of might and magic.... civilization 4 and 5 ... i hate the civ 6. even today, everyday, i still play civV :)
i also played the super nintendo turn based game.

i do mods all the time for banished... but i rarely play it LOL

Offline Jewelz

• Laborer
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
I think the Civ I played all the way through to the very end was Civ 3? It was in the '90's sometime. When I tried playing Civ again, it was one of the newer ones and I hated it. :( I wish my 12 year old son could somehow play the version I did. I learned SO much history from that game!

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
I'm a long time gamer. I have played pen and paper D&D,
Yay, another tabletop gamer!  I play Pathfinder every other Sunday.  I'm 62.  I'm the oldest in my gaming group, but only by 3 years. 

And what are you saying?  We're still hip and cool.  Young, not so much.  But the rest lives on.   8)

Offline elana

• Newb
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2018, 08:00:10 AM »
Thank you all for kind welcome.  And especially you, RK.   I have enjoyed Banished - and your mods - even with its trial and error approach to learning to play well.
  @Banished:  Play Colonial Charter 175 (now 176) with minor mods added, mainly additional bridges, and the larger families mod.  Most recently I came across RK's  Editor's Choice - trying the FULL version (loaded before CC) as I am enthralled with the canal options and green houses.   One question:  is there a summary anywhere of the new buildings, production chains introduced by Editor's Choice?  I've looked - Nada.
  @ me:  Just retired from helping professional career.  Upstate NY, (Canadian border), considering moving to NYC, as I am finally (finally!!  yea!!) doing what I love, writing screen plays.  Five done so far.  One screen play is a sequel - novel and episodic versions also partially done.
  @ other games I play and/or mod (fairly often):   
      Children of the Nile (sandbox like Banished).  Like the H.O.R.U.S graphic mod.
      Elder Scroll games:  Morrowind - Cyrodiil ("Oblivion") - Skyrim.
      Fallout: 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 (took my graduate degree in Boston - so 4 is quite nostalgic).
      Universe.
      Fallen Enchantress.
      Europa Univarsalis.
    Two older games I played that I feel were (are) outstanding:
      Torment.
      Mask of the Betrayer.

I hope this is sufficient for an introduction to these forums.

Be well, 

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2018, 09:37:36 AM »
you are welcome @elana  :)

thanks you for playing my mods :)

unfortunatly, since i am alone for doing all my own things, i dont really have the time to write down everything. The CC crew were 3-4 and even 5 people, someone was on graphic, another on the code, another to testing... another one on the wiki....

everything is very time consuming. and writing a wiki... thats alot of work. at some point, someone offer himself to help but... disappeared being quiet about the help offered.
i try to write the most stats on the tooltips to let people know but sometimes i forget.

still hoping you enjoy it !