Author Topic: Welcome New Members!  (Read 59975 times)

Offline moonbelf

• Trader
Re: Welcome New Members!
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »
Welcome @yataro79 !

Offline TuffDwarf

• Newb
« Reply #361 on: August 06, 2019, 07:25:58 PM »
Not exactly a newbie, I have been registered for years.. or was until I tried to visit today .. I guess the cleanup caught me, too.  Anyway, I am back for a visit to see what new mods are around.

I play Banished most every day and am always trying to make it harder to play as after 1941 hours in the game (which is, for anyone interested, one year younger than my birth year!  :o) I pretty much have tried every scenario I can think up.

Good luck to the real newbies .. Banished is easy to learn but very hard to master.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2019, 11:56:11 PM »
@TuffDwarf you are truly player.  :)
What people give clues of their age, i have notice many "senior" players.
Dont now if you are the oldest on this forum.
Go on play till you are 100 years old.  :)

Welcome everyone!

Offline Sasha Mkai

• Newb
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2019, 05:11:14 AM »
Hi. I used to play Banished off and on for the last couple of years. Then Hurricane Micheal hit and I lost everything.  I've finally gotten another (new to me) computer and have been slowly getting back into my games.  I play mostly solo games as I hate it when other players change things on my bases. lol I have some other medical issues but since they won't kill me I'll just skip them. lol I started to really get into Banished again and found this forum.  I think it will really help me a lot.  I can't mod or do anything technical so i just read and play and sometimes use mods. I will try to donate to help out but I can only do it at the beginning of the month as I am on Social Security disability.  I am glad I found this forum.  Thank you for creating it.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2019, 05:17:14 AM »
Welcome @Sasha Mkai

Offline Okiepat

• Newb
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2019, 10:21:07 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm relatively new to Banished. I learned of it from watching youtube videos of Anno 1800. I liked the people doing them so much that I watched their Banished series(es) and got hooked. I also want to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the modders of Banished, they really opened things up and made it a fresh new game again.

Offline Dariyah

• Newb
« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2019, 06:08:25 AM »
Hello, fellow Banisheders!

I started playing Banished way back in October/November of 2015.  I was playing constantly all day long.  I used it as a distraction from pain due to a car accident a couple of years prior.  Also as a way to keep my brain active and thinking to help put the puzzle pieces back in order (though, I'm still working on both - memory and pain management, 6 years later - it's as good as it gets... lol).

I really loved Banished!  I would watch/read tutorials, search for good map seeds, and towards when I stopped playing, I had a fully developed map (I think large).  I'm usually not one to listen to the music and sounds from games, (I listen to my own music playlist) but, I really loved this one and I kept it playing.  Now, whenever I think back to my fond memories of the game, I hear the music in my head.  And it makes me want to play again!!!

So... I finally gave into the urges and started playing again a few days ago and am LOVING it!  But, I noticed there were some changes.  In fact, the saddest of all, my favorite map seed is no longer showing up the way it did before.  From what I've read, it had something to do with a game update.  So, I decided to look at mods to give me better maps (flat), playing conditions (easier survival), etc... On Steam's Workshop I found plenty of amazingly talented modders, even some on this forum (RedKetchup, Tom Sawyer, and Discrepancy) and am fangirling it a bit!  :D  I found this forum through a link on one of the mods to download the new beta, so I'm off to download that!  Y'all (modders) are amazing!  Thank you so much for using your brilliant talent and sharing your creations with us!

Now to find the right combinations of mods to give me the fun game play I crave!  I have plenty of time to play and discover!

Cheers!
Dariyah =)

Offline moonbelf

• Trader
« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2019, 11:48:14 AM »
Welcome @Okiepat and @Dariyah and have lots of fun!

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »
you are very welcome :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Offline Darksoul0

• Newb
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2019, 02:50:50 AM »
Hello friends !
I play Banished for many years and really love this type of game (Anno series, Dwarf Fortress, Black and White...).
I'm French, so, please, be tolerant with my very approximative grammar :D

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2019, 12:23:54 PM »
Oh pour cela ne t'en fais pas... tu n'est pas tout seul :)

Bienvenue en tout cas :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Offline moonbelf

• Trader
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2019, 12:41:51 PM »
Welcome @Darksoul0 Your English is just fine so don't worry :)

Offline brewer

• Newb
  • architect
« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
Welcome new members! this is The Forum  :)
much food... and more buildings!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk