Author Topic: Welcome New Members!  (Read 57731 times)

Offline sarchrmar

• Newb
Re: Welcome New Members!
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2019, 03:30:55 AM »
Hi everybody!

Just joined, looking forward to trying out some mods ;)

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2019, 04:44:54 AM »
Welcome fellow countryman. We are some Scandinavians hanging around on this webpage.

Offline MarkAnthony

• Laborer
  • Newly Banished since June 14, 2019
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
Thanks RedKetchup. I look forward to trying out your mods. :)

EDIT: By the way, is it just me or does the "Quote" button/icon to the far right of someone's post not work? I tried it a few times but couldn't get it to open a reply box with the quoted message automatically inserted at the top of a reply.

I do see a "Quote" icon in the reply's text editor where I can manually copy and paste something but normally clicking a Quote button next to a reply adds the user's name to it as well.  No biggie though, just thought I'd ask in case I need to enable something in the settings somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:37:46 AM by MarkAnthony »
Sometimes itís the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Offline kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »
You have to start a reply to the message and then press the quote button from any old message.

Offline MarkAnthony

• Laborer
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:59 AM »
You have to start a reply to the message and then press the quote button from any old message.

Thanks kid1293, that worked. I look forward to trying your mods as well. There are just so many out there that I have no clue where to begin really lol.  I'll play in Banished "vanilla" for a month or so before I try adding some mods.

Offline moonbelf

• Vendor
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2019, 05:58:41 AM »
Welcome MarkAnthony and sarchrmar! Haven't been Banished that long myself, only about 4 months or so and I'm loving it and lve using certain mods to enhance my games. I know you'll find many mods here to try out. Enjoy!

Offline MarkAnthony

• Laborer
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2019, 06:48:48 AM »
Welcome MarkAnthony and sarchrmar! Haven't been Banished that long myself, only about 4 months or so and I'm loving it and lve using certain mods to enhance my games. I know you'll find many mods here to try out. Enjoy!
Thanks moonbelf!  :)  I would have quickly clicked a "like" button for your comment to acknowledge your reply but couldn't find one - so I resorted to the tried and true way of writing one out.  :P Have a great day.

Offline Prester Lewin

• Newb
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2019, 06:05:29 AM »
One site I have tried several times to get too because it was recommended a lot was BanishedInfo.com but they are having SSL issues so I cannot connect to their site.

Hi everyone.  Another new player here, just registered.

So that's what happened to Banishedinfo!  I got Banished from GOG a couple of months ago, downloaded a few mods from Banishedinfo, but took a break from the game and deleted the mods while housekeeping on my PC.  Coming back to the game last week, I was surprised to find I could no longer even get to the Banishedinfo site...

I'm on Steam for a few other games but don't think I can get those mods, such as the flatten terrain tool, from Steam because I bought the game from GOG.  If the mods aren't on a site like this, I think they ought to be on Nexus, not Steam.  Oh well!

Offline Artfactial

• Trader
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2019, 06:27:31 AM »
Welcome!
The Steam Workshop is a convenient tool, but by no means the only source for mods. In fact, many mods hosted here are not available on it.
Have a browse.:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk