Author Topic: Mod manager  (Read 1645 times)

Offline rkelly17

• Founder
  • Banished Expert
Re: Mod manager
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2018, 11:00:44 AM »
There are several ways to approach managing mods--and we each gravitate to the one that works best for us, hopefully. I have a folder called "Downloaded Mods" where I keep a copy of every version of every mod I have ever downloaded (call me a mod hoarder!) each in its own folder, because updated mod .pkm files often have the same name as older versions. Then, between games I copy the ones I want to use to windata and erase the ModEnabled_ and ModIndex_ keys from my Banished registry. This latter habit got started in the early days of modding when things were not always stable. I don't recommend it to those who are uncomfortable mucking around in the registry, and I always remind myself how little I know so I don't go doing dangerous stuff. I like the idea of the Mod Manager, but old habits die hard.

Offline JM

• Laborer
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 05:20:28 AM »
Version 0.6
========

You can add your own description to individual mods. Double-clicking the item opens the editing window. The description is displayed when the mouse pointer moves over the item. You can turn it off by unchecking Show mod description. Descriptions are stored in ModDesc.ini.

I could not find out how to get descriptions from pkm files. The description in the picture was obtained by copying the text from the downloading thread.

I've been using it for a couple of days, and it seems useful to me. I have described almost all the mods I have. (But mostly in Czech, so it does not make sense to post it here)

Mod is a word taken from English into Czech. MOD is not translated from Czech into English as MODE. And the word "mod" has nothing to do with the word "móda" (="fashion"). The word "mod" in Czech is related to the word "modifikace" (="modification") . Remember it at last, Google.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:26:52 AM by JM »

Offline Paeng

• Banished Expert
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
Great job!

Thanks to all you guys searching ways to improve the gaming experience!
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

Offline BlueFireChelle

• Laborer
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2018, 03:22:18 AM »
Just installed and used for the first time. Awesome work! Really handy :)  thanks so much.