Author Topic: Random questions about gameplay and game mechanics  (Read 1851 times)

Offline CathyM

• Laborer
Re: Random questions about gameplay and game mechanics
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2019, 12:38:06 PM »
Thanks, Brad - I will try that (cautiously).  :-\ The mod does show up to be enabled, but then just doesn't appear in the game. That's even when I start a new game after enabling and putting it on top, not just when I load an old one...

Offline galensgranny

• Architect
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2019, 02:50:45 PM »
Cathy, have you cleaned out all the temp files on your computer?  If not, maybe, possibly that would help.  I assume you have restarted your computer since having added the debug.  I have no idea if restarting makes a difference with things not showing up in a game, but I find it does for me sometimes with various things not working so well in general, not specific to Banished.
Maybe delete that Debug file, and download it again, in case it was a corrupt file.

Offline CathyM

• Laborer
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
I got Debug to show up! I suppose restarting the computer did it... and I hadn't realized that Debug is like the biggest "cheat" in the world! I see that in order to test things, you'd have to make situations quickly, but it's really tempting to just add logs or food or clothes to the storage, or quickly plunk down a barn if needed... I'm trying to resist.  ;)

Offline galensgranny

• Architect
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 07:37:23 AM »
I am glad you can now see the Debug menu, Cathy.  Restarting the computer, especially if you have not done so in days, will often get things working well again.  The more you use the computer, go online, the more "junk" that winds up in temporary storage, and sometimes some programs you closed didn't quite close as they should.  It takes Banished longer to load for me if I haven't restarted my computer in a few days, after having been using all those days.

Yes, the Debug lets you just plop things down, add food etc.  It is great when you are just wanting to design a town for looks only, not caring around actually playing the game.