News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

in soviet russia, bannies mod you

Started by traceyfields, November 14, 2018, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traceyfields

i was testing megamod8 and it doesn't play nice with dssv start mods on a very large map, but i have managed to get cc maps and climate working nicely with dssv start conditions -- mainly because it isn't a real challenge anymore unless i do jack and jill... :) so how to make it even more difficult?

with true respect to any banished player who is vegan - and more so, if they stick to this in game, having tried it - i wanted to try avoiding using any animal resource in chain, while still surviving a jack and jill start - just one couple of uneducated adults with no food, tools or clothing, no start buildings, seeds or anything.

so please imagine this is 1960 and two true "peace and love" bannies are wandering lost...

Quote"we really are lost, aren't we?"
"if we carry on walking in a straight line, we will find a town or a road."
"you said that three days ago, and i'm sure that is the same hill in the distance, that we walked over a week ago."
"we are *not* lost! we are near somewhere!"
"summer weir? well, it's a nice name but i can't see anybody lived here."
"no... oh, whatever, yes, this is summer weir, and here's a river, with no bridge over, and crossing it will be difficult, that's our problem right now!""
"honey, we ate the last of the food this morning. we have nothing to eat, drink and we smoked the last of the blow a few weeks ago. also i'm very cold and do not want to start swimming in fast, deep, icy rivers, thank you."
"we never did find where we left our clothes..."
"yeah, i might have another problem too. is there somewhere round here i can throw up..."

this is Summerweir at year 17. no animals have been harmed or farmed, or exploited in any way... okay, honey is an awkward topic, the hives were abandoned, and we don't waste the hard work of the bees, they were not being exploited. yeah, there's a domesticed animal in storage, we have no idea when it appeared, but the children like it as a pet and it is not being farmed, it's free to leave if it wants to. no deer or ducks have been hunted, the family survives on gathered food, and nut bread from a passing trader, the livestock trader carrying cages of ducks was sent packing with jeers of "no harm, no farm!!!" from the jetty.

yes, iron in the stacks, and no ugly polluting, environment harming smelter, you noticed, well done, but there is no way of making linen clothes without iron in the chain. flax derived linen is the only vegan option for clothing chains, making this sort of start chilly for environmentally aware bannies. hemp. lucky accident i guess, first seed trader to call, and that is all two lucky hippy bannies are going to *really* need from the outside world!  ;D :D

brads3

domestic animals comes from the CC. they are found all over in crates.make a good trade item.just call them horses and trade em away.or you could build a stable and ride horses i suppose. to make the game harder you could try the North mod. 1 player did a map with all the bakeries and baked goods.his goal was to produce them all. the map i am on,i built all the alcohol producers. there are all kinds of scenarios you can dream up.

traceyfields

thanks for reminding me, i must give the north mod a roadtest, although i will take the advice to make a new install directory and run it without any other mods.

brads3

many DS mods will work with it. i would load the mini building mod at least.place everything below the north and it should work fine.unless you choose to use any start mods like CC no smoke or rain.those would go above it.

donwolfkonecny

How do you get the iron? Are you trading something for it?
You outsourced the pollution?

theonlywanderer

Tracey....  get the latest 8.01 Megamod...      It already has CC and DSSV start conditions included and working fine.

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/211-megamod-801/