News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

I've started down a very distracting and twisty path that'll hopefully lead me to some release-able mods =) Here's some things I'm working on so far:

This image shows two houses and a doctor office, with some porch/shelter/cover style decoration pieces and a matching seating set (picnic table, bench only, table only). With the porch pieces, I'm hoping folks can customize my houses however they'd like (the two houses on the far right are the same, its just one has a porch deco item placed on it).

I have all these buildings in a wood+thatch roof style, stone+shingle roof style and a stone+slate roofing style. All the houses also include a 45 degree rotated option, same for the porches. The porches come in different sizes and placements: a double size porch, a single porch and then both of those centerred or not. In all 3 color styles too =)

Here's some stone+slate shingle houses:

and some of the stone+shingle (meant to match base game textures sort of):

Here's a shot of the rotated versions in random colors:

Lastly, I've also created some service and productions buildings in the same styles:

From left to right: Windmill, Chapel, Schoolhouse, Doctor =) Each one comes in all three siding+roofing styles, of course.

To do list:
More decorations
More houses (I have 90 total now, so.. that's plenty. Added 2/12)
Boarding House (Completed 2/13)
Rabbit hutch building and deco pieces (Completed 2/19)
Firewood/Lumber mill
Bakery Added 2/10
Market
Storage Buildings
Town Hall
Wells Added 2/10
Tavern Added 2/9

**The above were all completed but I'm too lazy to add links to each one's comment. They're all included in my Bitty related sets now =)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Are the base style and structure stuff a terrible aesthetic? Any feedback would be great! Its hard to know if something I'd personally want in my own game would actually suit anybody else or not XD

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: 1 on February 08, 2019, 07:44:35 AM
That windmill looks very nice.  :)  @Jinxiewinxie you have made much progress, so sort time. Well done!
Its make me little jealous, because my own modding project hit the wall so bad.  :D

And suggestions.
So many small buildings. I like to see some bigger too. Here picture for example, i don't suggest you to make exactly this building, just what i mean for bigger buildings.

Aww, you can do it! There's just SO MUCH trial and error XD I'm thinking I could maybe just scale up my whole set of structures once the Mods are done and call it Medium, lol XD

kid1293

I like small buildings :) but don't make them smaller ;)

Abandoned

Very nice buildings and deco pieces.  I especially like the mil, the chapel and the textures.  Good job.   :)

Glenn

Looking good - the more variety the better

DesoPL

Says more than thousands words.

Jinxiewinxie

Added Tavern and some matching fences:

Jinxiewinxie

A well is just about completed:

and a bakery that just makes bread for now:

Need to pretty up the footprints a bit and maybe, maybe, maybe add some more outputs for the bakery but otherwise I'm pretty happy with them both =)

Jinxiewinxie

I made a house or two or twenty:

Abandoned

:) You have been busy, that is a nice group of cute little houses, maybe a little small but a nice variety  :)  Good work.

mellowtraumatic

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on February 12, 2019, 05:46:08 AM
:) You have been busy, that is a nice group of cute little houses, maybe a little small but a nice variety  :)  Good work.

@Abandoned They're meant to be a bit on the small scale side, so that they compliment Kid's Tiny mod and his Workplace Village mod, as seen here:

From left to right is Kid's market, Kid's workshop, one of my small cottages, my small well and Kid's hunter. I feel like they go well together =)

Quote from: mellowtraumatic on February 12, 2019, 12:58:31 PM
These are all adorable!

Thank you! I've been working really hard on this mod XD My goal is for it to be a cohesive set that's cute and small but also goes well with some of the other mods out there =)

Jinxiewinxie

Finalized house set, I'm good with 15 houses- each with a 45 degree rotated option and each coming in 3 texture options.. which means a total of 90 houses.

Here they are in my wood & thatch theme:

and zoomed out view of the stone & shingle and stone & slate themed ones:

Too lazy to take screenshots of all the rotated ones but they look exactly the same, just.. at an angle XD

I've updated my to-do list in the first post to reflect this finalized set =)

Abandoned

:) I know all of Kid's mods very well, helped with and tested Workplace Village and many others.  :)  It turned out very well.  Your houses and other buildings match very well.  They look much better size away from Banished original large barn.  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Thank you! I love Kid's mods, they've inspired me a whole ton. I much prefer Kid's sizing of things versus the base game buildings, the bannies look suited in height to the height of his doors and buildings in general =) Plus.. less space being taken up means I can do more without using up all the resources on a map when I'm making my towns =)