News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie,@RedKetchup :)I thought that Toy would not help but maybe he has some friend or student who would help us? or other person who knows the animation? I am curious if it is possible to add animations, eg. Pheasant's Turkey - how much would it cost $? :P Greetings

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie ;D I think about adding - Pheasant is a big bird and very nice. @RedKetchup has it in the mod RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 - the ravine remakes as a make roast [Pheasant] still can be from [Duck], [Goose] - you wrote that ducks and goose will swim on the pond? - and not - grow in a hen house?Greetings

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: taniu on May 13, 2019, 05:41:46 AM
@Jinxiewinxie ;D I think about adding - Pheasant is a big bird and very nice. @RedKetchup has it in the mod RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 - the ravine remakes as a make roast [Pheasant] still can be from [Duck], [Goose] - you wrote that ducks and goose will swim on the pond? - and not - grow in a hen house?Greetings

Those pheasants are BEAUTIFUL! I think I will work on some sort of fowl coop that doesn't have the bird models showing in/near it and it will produce some sort of random fowl meat at eggs. I'd also include deco birds that you can place around, if I can find or create some good looking fowl/grouse/etc. =) I'm thinking for the ducks/geese, I'll have a small coop as a shelter for them  but also a duck pond in the same model.

Quote from: 1 on May 13, 2019, 05:43:07 AM
QuoteI hope so! I posted it just in case anyone outside of myself wants to use it, heh XD

Jinxie

What ever mod you make, i think there is someone who want use them. Even if you take a goal to make mod that no one wants.  :D
Decos are allways good.

And good job on those turkeys. Hope we get animations.

Aww, yay! Gosh, I wish I could sort out those animations. I even tried downloading 3DS Max to see if maybe exporting the FBX's from there would make the animations work but still no such luck and I'm not about to teach myself yet another 3D tool if I can help it anyway.. I prefer Blender since its what I've been learning on this whole time.

On the Turkey Roost front, I decided I wanted a white turkey too and I've added some roosting turkeys to the the roost itself:

I'm still playing with how I want the fenced version to look and I need to sort out the Turkey Meat template file to see if it should exactly match the one found in RKEC or if I can maybe edit the values it has because that template makes way too much meat XD

RedKetchup

you can play with the numbers to allow less animal than chicken/ducks allow. the thing with domestic / wild animal when they are both exist, hunter cabin wont produce much if it only give 6-8 turkey meat per head
(this is why i ve put 60-80 meat range).
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Those turkeys look tasty. With animation I can't really help. My black grouses are just recolored vanilla chickens. But I would like to look at your approach @Jinxiewinxie. Maybe I have any idea.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 15, 2019, 10:27:57 AM
Those turkeys look tasty. With animation I can't really help. My black grouses are just recolored vanilla chickens. But I would like to look at your approach @Jinxiewinxie. Maybe I have any idea.

@Tom Sawyer   Thank you for wanting to take a peek! I appreciate any and all help I can find =) Animations are almost a white whale for us now XD

I sent you a private message that has a link for my source files and some extra commentary about the strangeness I've encountered so far with the turkeys.

Jinxiewinxie

Alrightie, fenced version:

Its 5x3 and then a line of road tiles, so 5x4 =)

Here's the non-fenced version that you can make your own size/look of with fencing and deco pieces:

Non-fenced is just 3x2 with road tiles, so really 3x3 tiles =)

I'm unsure about what all deco pieces I should add beyond the turkeys themselves. Hay Piles are already in Bitty Rabbits, a bird feeder/waterer type thing is already in Bitty Chickens and fencing is a stand-alone with the Bitty Walls & Fences mod XD

Maybe a different type of a bird feeder? The high up ones, like this?

or a fancy one, like this:

Or like.. a standalone dead-tree style roost? I've seen some of those in turkey yards/pastures. Can't really think of anything else that's particularly turkey-centric and isn't already available.

taniu

@ Jinxiewinxie ;D great models of turkeys and bird feeder, You're doing great, I do not mind that turkeys are presented as deco - real animal animation - it's a very difficult position - I'm glad that @Tom wants to help you - thanks to @Tom and thank you for great ideas and for a serious approach to the topic - I think that everything will be OK and new animals will appear in the game .Greetings and I keep my fingers crossed for everything to be done. Good luck  ;D

Jinxiewinxie

Maybe more hay options =) There are some bigger hay piles in the rabbit hutch mod but I could make more different looking ones and in different place-able positions for accessory deco pieces in the Turkey Roost mod.

Pitchfork is questionable, would it just lay on the ground like the models for created tools @ the blacksmith do? A standing up one would seem weird unless it was like, next to a single fence piece or something.

Manure piles aren't my thing, kind of too vulgar for me XD

I like the model for when eggs are created, it's a little nest with eggs in it so maybe I'll include that too.

kid1293

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: kid1293 on May 16, 2019, 09:59:48 AM
A tool shed?

Smart! Could stick some pitchforks, shovels, etc. in it! I do like the little shed that I have next to my pasture shelter inside Bitty Village, it's got like hay and stuff inside it and I could turn it into a deco piece with tools on the side maybe even =)

Jinxiewinxie

Like just this part of it =)

RedKetchup

we absolutely need someone over here who can learn these animations so we can rely on him/her. even if it means to do the most of the job ourselves and send it at the end to finish it and bake its animations to the model. and that person would also make sure everything is ok and operate correctly. there are so much things to do for the animal reign...

i need soon egytian /africa animals....

moonbelf

What is involved in learning the animations? What software is needed? I used to do a lot of Photoshop stuff, some basic website building and worked with animations in Photoshop. TBH haven't done this kind of thing in a fair while now.

And I hope you're feeling better

RedKetchup

blender or 3dsmax
or softimage