Author Topic: RK Farmstand updated with 1.1 version  (Read 1118 times)

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
Re: RK Farmstand updated with 1.1 version
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 02:18:51 PM »
the number of download before was 29. it is now at 36 download. that mean only 7 persons downloaded the correct version.
(the 37th person is me who double verified)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 02:26:45 PM by RedKetchup »
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Offline Jinxiewinxie

• Modders
  • Trader
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »
I redownloaded, ty for fixing it!

Offline donwolfkonecny

• Trader
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »
Downloading corrected version Mr. @RedKetchup  :) thank you very much.  I don't use markets too often, sometimes build just as storage unit without the worker.  This is very nice looking little market.  :)

Hi Abandoned, I think you might be confusing Markets with Warehouse. This is a tiny market for food and supplies that the bannies are able to take from. I just wanted to point that out in case you didn't plan on using it. You might find it useful as a market for fisherpeople or forest clusters or something remote from town center.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 08:44:26 PM »
Thank you @donwolfkonecny , I am aware of the difference between markets and warehouses.  Both have workers who will stock them with items (warehouses you select items)  Warehouses bannies can not take items from.  Markets do not need a worker - a worker will stock it if worker is assigned but if worker is not assigned bannies will use it as if it were a storage unit and but items in it or take items from it.  :)

Offline donwolfkonecny

• Trader
Re: markets without vendors
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 11:39:05 PM »
So do you really mean a marketplace without a worker, does that work for you? I find they don't get the balance of food. I suppose if you put a crop, orchard, livestock, and grain near a storage area, houses that grabbed from it would get the four groups. But then ya gotta worry about clothing and tool, do you just let them walk further to get those?
I've never been able to have a market or barn properly supplied without a vendor, I'd like to see the layout that allows that. Pics?

Question, do we know, if a bannie lives near barn A, which has meat veg and fruit but no protein, and barn B is further away and has all food groups, and then the bannie goes on a food supply run, I think the rule is they go to the market, or if no market then the closest food storage true? Well if it's two barns, will they go to the closest and miss out on protein and go unhealthy? Or will they go further to get the missing food?
Also, if they go to "market or if none then closest", is that closest to their house or closest to the bannie when they decide to go for food?

And lastly do we know the rule for who becomes a worker? If I have 2 laborers and I assign a new farmer, is it the laborer closest to the farm? or the longest unassigned, or random? I ask because I'm trying to micromanage and it would help if I knew who was going to become the next hire.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 02:24:36 AM »

Question, do we know, if a bannie lives near barn A, which has meat veg and fruit but no protein, and barn B is further away and has all food groups, and then the bannie goes on a food supply run, I think the rule is they go to the market, or if no market then the closest food storage true? Well if it's two barns, will they go to the closest and miss out on protein and go unhealthy? Or will they go further to get the missing food?
Also, if they go to "market or if none then closest", is that closest to their house or closest to the bannie when they decide to go for food?

And lastly do we know the rule for who becomes a worker? If I have 2 laborers and I assign a new farmer, is it the laborer closest to the farm? or the longest unassigned, or random? I ask because I'm trying to micromanage and it would help if I knew who was going to become the next hire.

I have looked a lot on how the Bannis behave on this. As far as I know; they go to the closest PLACE that holds any kind of food; market or barn. Theyīll rarely use the market if thereīs a barn with food closer. They donīt care one bit about diversity when it comes to choosing where they get their food.  On the other hand, they do care about diversity when it comes to putting "stuff" in barns. If you look carefully, you may find things produced far away. So if you have good food production, not too many and not too few barns, thereīs a good chance that all barns contain a variety of food and you have a healthy population also without markets.

I think they go to the place thatīs nearest where they are when the house needs to refill.

As far as I know, the closest labourer is chosen to the new site. From time to time (I`m not sure but I think once every month) the jobs are reassigned to minimize the total walking distances. Iīve also looked a lot into this and itīs not always possible to understand how itīs done. There is some priority, builders have high priority and do mess things up. In any case, thereīs not much you can do about it and it will not help you much to know who is assigned in the first place; soon it will probably be different anyhow. You can only build houses and workplaces close to each other and hope for the best.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 05:15:26 AM »
@donwolfkonecny Yes, it works for me to use a market without a vendor.  I mostly use small maps and food production itself is pretty well distributed around the map and wild foods gathered in each direction.  I mostly build barns and have small shed scattered around the map.  I rarely build a market because I found one market will cause shortages in other areas of the map, in most cases you need multiple markets and vendors.  I rarely have workers to spare for the job.  Some markets are very decorative and look nice in a location, I may assign vendor briefly to collected items I find that is not often necessary either.  I rarely have health or happiness issues, as long as I have grain.

I find that bannies do change jobs quite often however I also find that my starting educated workers will remain in their first homes for the whole time the map is played and remain working in the jobs closest to them.  I build by first blacksmith and tailor close to those beginning house and smith and tailor have an educated worker all or most of the time.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk