Author Topic: Easter Celebration?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Artfactial

• Trader
Re: Easter Celebration?
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2019, 02:43:22 AM »
Thanks for this work, they look incredible! I'm going to sort through the versions and make up a 'fashion' timeline so that my citizens will wear different styles throughout the periods.
Lovely stuff!

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »
@Artfactial

Now you made me feel that i have to start all over again, to really give them good timeline.  :-[

Problem to make these sets really work, there is not enough space for models to use same time. I cant get never them how i really want. Like some colors would need used more to make them more reality feeling, but then set gets really poring. If it would be possible i would use like 100 models same time.

Offline Artfactial

• Trader
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2019, 04:59:33 AM »
Oh, redoing it all would be too much, I think, unless you really enjoy it.:)
While not a lot of them are truly typical for 'fashion' in the era's I've divided them in, the only real thing that stuck out were the black/white suits which are a tad too modern for common use in say, 17/18th century. But then again, the game does not deal with classes or specific outfits for jobs so I think the more standardized clothing is just fine.

A few things I can think of if you're interested:
-17th/18th century fashion, across all layers of western culture, included some form of collar or ruff. Wide, puffed up collars from the early 1600s, to flatter and less restricting ones by the 1700's .
-Corsets, of course, were quite the fashion.
-Difference between Baroque and Puritan styles might be interesting to pursue. With French style, flamboyant, colorful clothing for Baroque and Black/white, modest Dutch style clothing for Puritans.
-Wigs, especially the gentry and nobility (and anyone who wanted to appear reasonably wealthy) wore white-powdered wigs. This is probably not very feasible with just a re-texture but maybe worth a try.
-Sashes around the waist were kind of the male equivalent of corsets, although never as universal.
-Hats. Everyone wore them. But this is hardly a thing for retexturing work.

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2019, 05:35:42 AM »
All what i made, was 19century, so you are definitely right on that "modern" suit, in my mind i made it for later 19century. Its stick to your eye badly, if want think earlier centuries. But its not included in that one rural set. And this all was like practice to that final set for my personal use for later 19 century. I never think they would work well on something like 17 century.

17th/18th century fashion, across all layers of western culture, included some form of collar or ruff. Wide, puffed up collars from the early 1600s, to flatter and less restricting ones by the 1700's .

That collar thing give the poorer class, that feeling "look down your nose at someone" because collars wont give enough space for freely head turns.  :D
It might be hard to get them look good.

You want 17/18 look. And class difference? I think not too  much reality. Because reality is just not possible with this game, without making everyone look very poor.
Hats are hard, just have to let them go, only very simple head wear is possible. I would make lots of hats for men in those 19century 1800s sets if it would be possible for like different brim hats.

I think i could try something in some point, but not promise that they look good, or even get done.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2019, 06:28:53 AM »
I am thinking, many of those era clothes might be better a set of deco people, I don't see aristocrats in wigs carrying stones, farming, pushing wheelbarrows or fishing from a pier.

I hope there will be pirates and Native Americans, either overrides or deco, or both  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk