Author Topic: DS Industry Mining - BETAv.02  (Read 542 times)

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
Re: DS Industry Mining - BETAv.02
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »
/HUG Nilla
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Offline 1

• Trader
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »
@Nilla
I wish all good for you and your family.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 03:36:45 AM »
i hope your family gets feeling better soon.

Offline Artfactial

• Trader
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 05:31:51 AM »
I currently don't have the energy to help testing this but just wanted to say a big thank you to you DS and Nilla for pushing through with this, it looks brilliant.<3

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2019, 11:41:23 PM »
Thank you all for your thoughts on me and my family.  :)

I started a new game yesterday with a "hard" start. It was no good idea if you want to calm down with a nice little Banished game; there´s no school that doesn´t need iron, that´s even more difficult than in the North to produce and one of the evil diseases, I think it was smallpox in summer of year one. Opposite to vanilla you´ve managed to make the "hard" start hard. :) But this time I quit it and started a new medium game.

Two things I want to tell; I can´t get the Worker´s construction Yard to work proper. In 1½ year it produced 20 lumber. I think I have all required raw materials but the worker mostly walks with 9 logs or 6 stones or 20 charcoal or 10 clay back and forth between the nearest stockpile and his site. Obviously, he can produce sometimes but it looks like he´s only looking for raw materials on the nearest stockpile and never goes a little bit further.

The reduced amount of stone on the map really hurts. Everything needs stone, a lot of it. I´m only in year 7 and all close stone resources are gone. I strongly dislike the vanilla quarry and don´t want to build it and your quarry @Discrepancy is too expensive and hard to locate for the beginning.

Offline Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
I was also struggling in my longer tests to get the stone as quarry was too expensive.
I'm going to make it easier to place (will make terra-forming around the placement uglier though) and cheaper to construct.

I haven't had a Worker´s Worker's Construction Yard produce that slowly, I will take a look.

Thanks.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #36 on: Today at 04:31:37 AM »
that is a super explanation to the worker's personality. i would have thought he would not work at all until he had materials, then worked til he ran completely out.  if he needed more materials that weren't available,you would think the worker would go idle or walk farther away to find them.

one of the intricate parts to the game coding that we eiother don't have access to or don't fully understand yet. whatever the cause, i wonder if it is the same reason different venedors have market vendors have different personalities?

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:24:14 AM »
@Discrepancy I guess, your construction yard uses the same mechanic as my new smokehouse did, with auto-switching between recipes via initialProduct -1. So you probably run into same issues with that. It works fine in a simple mine but with different recipes and input materials, the worker stops and goes idling if the materials for one recipe are not available. It also starts to do strange things at some point like negative amounts of inventories and such. I went back to manual switching but would be cool if we could make it work properly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk