News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question : Newbies here, How do i get trader to trade in my town

Started by Lelenene, July 12, 2019, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

ummm i would recommend trying the CC J without the RK 1st.make sure the laptop can handle that.i'd try to keep the memory down below 90% even then at 10x speed it will move slow. i'd also look at the graphic mods i mentioned before they should help. the CC rain,no  smoke,etc. even those ducks cost power each 1 has to be calculated and graphiced onto the screen.

RedKetchup

there are a huge difference between MM7 and MM8. i think it is at MM8 that the mod became so big, it had to be splitted up into 3 part....

MM9 soon at some point... but still some time to Kralyerg finish it.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MrAbrahms

Quote from: Lelenene on July 12, 2019, 01:33:22 PM
Okay, what number of population that i might need to get trader comes to my town?
if the maps just have 2 giantic lakes, and several river does it considered obstructed?

There's 1 main river that the trader travels along, it won't use the smaller creeks. Any lakes that are connected to the main river are considered part of that river, so your trading post can be on those lakes. It can be obstructed by using a flatten terrain tool (not included in the base game but included in some mods) and flattening across the river, or by certain constructions such as the docks in Colonial Charter.

It looks like the frequency of trader visits is determined by a function, which looks like it takes population as an input parameter, and it looks like it requires a minimum population of 30, at which the trader visits every 18 months +/- 6 months. As the population increases, the frequency also increases, at least judging by the function inputs. Sorry, that's a lot of "looks like"s, don't have access to the actual source code, only the input parameters, so I'm guessing a bit here.