News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Morning

Started by banishedsanni, July 17, 2019, 04:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banishedsanni

Morning
(i love how the game randomly generates names - interesting things come out like this one)

The town is 52 years old and holds 265 bannies. The town is crashing now after 5 min of playing so I have to stop and start a new game it seems. I'm very happy with how the town looks so I am very sad that Im forced to stop. R.I.P. little town of Morning!

The town grew in 3 phases. I started with the small part in the upper right, then the part between the river and the train park developed. The part of the town that includes the train park followed and last I spreaded to the other side of the river.

"Food Market", where goods from the gatherer (oats, berries, mushrooms) and the little apple orchard on the left get further processed.

School (bell tower) and statue with shrine on the backside, herbalist, restaurant, where breakfast is served, and a little plaza with a few tables to enjoy the breakfast outside in summer under the trees.

School (bell tower) and a better view of the statue with shrine on the backside
Another view of the little plaza with a few tables to enjoy the breakfast outside in summer under the trees

Gatherer, doctor, well and market building

Gatherer with grinder and basket maker (accorns gatherer hidden in the forest, need constant supply of baskets) on the backside.
Woodcutter, followed by the doctor and the beekeeper right of the doc.

Another view of part 1 of the town with graveyard, houses, school bell tower

Storage buildings in the very back. Followed by the houses row with little gardens and a few work places. In the middle lays the hospital with graveyard. In the front one can see storage buildings, a drying shed for mollusc and a trading port for building supplies.

Further process market with fish smoker, baker, and mushroom soup maker. Right of it is another school with playground. There is a little house boat in the water with fishing spot.

Big Market building, smith on the left with ressource yard in front of it. Little garden to relax with well in the middle. Greenhouse for seedlings and oil press. House boats with fishing spot in the very front.

Other side of the big market. Pastaria to provide spaghetti to the bannies. Sacred stone to fullfill the want of praying. A little workplace for marmelade and bread. Railroad with crosswalks.

Other side of part 2 of the town.

Other side of part 2 of the town. Hospital with park in front of it on the left side, Train stationwith waiting area and little diner on the right side.

Train park

Second and bigger graveyard. Houses with gardens behind it.

Little residential area with little gardens. Im very proud of the chicken yard with chicken "coop" and the garden with the dog and his dog house (ignore the fact that coop and dog house are the same XD).

Other side of the river.

Last one :D

MarkAnthony

All of those images were fantastic, very beautiful and creative!  :o

I don't get how you guys can do stuff like that. I would love to make my towns as great as those, I'd be very proud of them too. You did a wonderful job! Sorry you had to lose it, are you sure you cannot get past the crashing somehow? Do you know what's causing it?

Okay, I've been wanting to ask this of someone like you for a while now... someone who is talented and creative enough to make such beautiful towns. How do you do it? I mean... do you make all this eye-candy and beautify stuff while actually playing the game? Or are all of these fantastic looking beautiful eye-candy towns built strictly free-build with the debug tool?

What I am getting at is, for me... during normal game play I'm too busy figuring out my next step in terms of build order... and where to place something and worrying are my Banis' getting enough food, clothes, warmth etc. How do you even have the time for all of those fanciful extras? How do you squeeze all of that into normal game play all the while knowing in advance, "Hmm, I need a new house so I'll put one here but I need to make sure I leave enough room for a backyard garden and some flowerbeds in front and fences all around and 2x wide stone roads with some fruit trees on the side." How can you possibly do that during game play knowing where everything is going to be and how much space you need between buildings and etc.?

It amazes me the talent some people seem to have. I'm just trying to get through the game killing as little amount of Banis as possible and you're making boulevards and high-class areas etc.

Great looking towns and scenery but way beyond my capabilities, that's for sure. I got some envy for that.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

And in your first image, what are those four big round things to the left kinda? Those giant spiral-like holes? Mines or tunnels of some kind?

EDIT: I had to look at that image four or five times before my eyes could make out those four things. I think I finally see now that they are towers of some sort, maybe water towers or granaries? I still don't get what those big depressed circle areas are around those towers in the center though.

banishedsanni

These are very large storage buildings with 55.000 capacity from CC mod, military outpost theme.  One of em you can see in the background of picture 8.

Edit: about town creating: i will awnser tomorrow. Its 2 am here and i need to sleep. I think to awnser your question i will need to write a little more. Just 1 thing before i go to sleep: I do it while playing, not using debug menu.

MarkAnthony

Okay, image #8 is easier to see and understand. Ugly lol, but you did say "military" so I get it. 

In that first image though, after my eyes were able to distinguish that those were towers or granary roofs looking from the top down (from the sky) they looked like they were in the middle of like a missle-silo kind of thing.  LOL  Again, "military" so why not?!   :P

I still don't get how you guys do this. You never did say. Is this during normal game play or free build with debug and almost full-pause of game?

MarkAnthony

Okay goodnight, and "during play" -- wow! I just don't see how.   Amazing.

brads3

each computer has its own limit but you should not have hit it this early.have you tried adjusting the graphic options?  check the memory performance. try turning off other programs. did you add any of the CC graphic mods like no smoke or less rain? the game is known to max out but usually aafter 1000-1500 bannies.REd has said before that more storage barns,the quicker you will hit the limit.

you might want to run a test. go back to an earlier save point.send lots of the supplies to the TP's. give it to the next trade boat that arrives without buying anything. then tear down a few barns. will the game let you play farther than you are now? i would definetly do some investigating so you can play maps longer. 

irrelevant

Very pretty stuff! Sorry your town is crashing. :(

@banishedsanni may I suggest that in the future you use .jgp images instead of .bmp? They are much smaller files and will load much faster.

moonbelf

An absolutely beautiful, gorgeous town :)

I'm sorry you're having problems with crashes. That's such a pity.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

WOW; Beautiful. I envy people like you who can achieve something like this. I can´t. I don´t have that creative eye and the patience to make something like this. I sometimes try to decorate but it never looks close to this, so after a while, I´m getting bored by trying.  :-[ :(

kid1293

Thanks, Sanni. It is always a pleasure to see good pictures! :)

And a Good Morning to you too! :)

Artfactial

Incredible! I love the attention to detail and theme you have.:)

Is that the second or the third upgrade to the CC Country School in the last picture? I haven't gotten to upgrading them yet and I was hoping those would use brick, still a wonderful building.

I really like the look of mixing those DS jetty and CC quay pieces, going to try that too.:O

I've been experimenting with small garden farms/orchards in my last few games as well, besides looking lovely, they prove to be pretty viable as well, with the farmers living so close. Lovely!

Thanks for the inspiration!

banishedsanni

@MarkAnthony

Picture 1 gives a better view on that "spiral-like holes" aka the very large storage building with 55.000 capacity from CC mod, military outpost theme, named "magazine" (@irrelevant all newly uploaded pics are and will be in jpg from now on ;) )

In the following pictures I try to give you an idea of how I arrange my towns. I always start with only 2 bannies (adam and eve/ jack and jill start) so the first years are always about surviving and thus the town looks very ugly.

After a few years, enough nomads settled down, so I can start planning the town. I let the bannies clean an area of ressources and then use crop fields and colored streets to "draw", like you can see in the picture below. So in the given example (used debug mode this time just to show you) the dark crop fields stand for houses, the brighter crop fields stands for gardens. And the blue house with garden shell show how it would look like when builded.

I pause the game when "drawing" and sometimes it takes an hour till im happy with the draft. And sometimes it takes an hour to draw and then I realize I dont like the hole draft and start over again....

@Artfactial

Its the last update. The following picture shows the last update on the right, the previous on the left (not a big difference)

irrelevant

Quote from: banishedsanni on July 18, 2019, 04:32:31 AM
(@irrelevant all newly uploaded pics are and will be in jpg from now on ;) )
:)