News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The best ever stupid Question of a new guest in the Forum...

Started by Zien, July 24, 2019, 01:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zien

Hello there,

just created this account, so the first thing that pops into my head is:

do you guys also like to play snowy maps when the weather is hot? No I´m not pulling your leg! I really do that since 2 days now, I can´t stand normal maps at the moment, I want it COLD - we have a serious heat-wave here - so maybe I am not the only loony who feels that way? (and banished is not the only game where this happens to me again and again)

So I hope that doesn´t annoy you to much, such a stupid first entry ;-)

Wish you a nice cool evening

Marianne

moonbelf

Welcome!

No you're not loony lol. Have fun with Banished no matter how :)

BanishedSuzy

Haha, yeah, I see where you're coming from. I'm actually the exact opposite. If it's freezing in-game while I'm melting faster than my hard drive, my body and mind aren't on the same level and I get uncomfortable, sometimes even a little bit ill!

Zien

@ moonbelf: thank you very much :-)

@ BanishedSuzy: Ah I guess I know what you mean, like you are sourounded by warm and cozy air in the moment, and then all the sudden forced to look at that white landscape makes you feel like someone put you naked in the snow! It just doesn´t fit. where is my coat?! (that lazy stupid hunter again didnt do his job)

Abandoned

Hi, if anyone wants to feel cool with snow year round @kid1293 made a little override mod that can be found in my blog story Aspenglow here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2725.msg55900#msg55900

It also changes all trees to vanilla pine trees - place override mod at the top of mod list.  Enjoy, stay cool  8)

Artfactial

Oh, that's a lovely challenge I might take up sometime, nice.>:)

Abandoned

Hi again, if others like me do not want to see snow when playing Banished in the summer, @kid1293 released the climateNoSnow override in my blog Rescue Mission story#46 here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3190.msg62756#msg62756

It changes nothing else but climate - place override mod at or near the top of mod list.  Enjoy the summer while it lasts.  :)

hagger

Have to say I agree, playing a relaxed game to escape the heat is definitely a thing

galensgranny

I found that No Snow mod and I am happily using it.  I do not like snow very much, so am so happy Kid made that mod! 

Hawks

Oh I'm the same, I love playing games with snow in the heat. Or just when it's already winter but I don't think it's cold enough. Banished is no exception. Seeing it snowing in game is very refreshing.