News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Stranger Things happens in Hawkins!

Started by wiscoke, July 27, 2019, 02:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiscoke

Started a new map right after watching season 3 of stranger things. therefore my town was called Hawkins. no other special reason ;)

on this map I used only the wooden houses from EB. this time I wanted to build around a creek . but I also used the irrigation canals from EB as you can see.
this is a little suburban town with around 200 people with the typical "house with garden-style" I use lately.

moonbelf

MarkAnthony

Wow, that's really impressive. I mean it. At first it was almost like I wasn't even looking at a Banished game but almost realistic in a sense. None of those images look anything like any game I've ever played in Banished.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked another person who also makes great looking towns/villages - do you do all this in a "live" game or do you do it free-build with the Debug menu? I just can't see how people who make such great looking areas do so while the game is live and you got so much more going on.

But great looking images for sure, I'd be proud to be able to do even a 1/4 of that.

Kudos!

EDIT: That first image though!  That's definitely the scene stealer! That should be a painting ala Thomas Kinkade style!  :)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

wiscoke

@MarkAnthony yes it is a "live" game. mostly played at 1x speed because of the high detailing. when I do this kind of maps I already know how I will build the houses. I know the spacing that I want to have between houses. I know where I want the cemetary or church.

in the beginning there is no time for detailing, just building a stable colony, wich I slowly expand. then when it reaches a stable economy and have enough laborers (to compensate the deads) I start detailing.

I don't like just placing things. then it starts looking like cities skylines ;) thats why I love Banished so much. you can build up a colony that needs food, resources and everything and in the meanwhile you can make it look pretty. but my towns take a very long time to finish . this one has only 200 people and it took me over 100 hours to finish. but that doesn't matter. , it just a relaxing game. sometimes I have music on the background. but mostly I play with only the ambient sounds ;)

Nilla

One of the most beautiful towns I´ve ever seen. Impressive! You´re really an artist. It´s not spectacular but every detail is simply perfect!

These high flowers on the first picture; Google translate says hollyhock (stockros in Swedish) which mod has them?

Tom Sawyer

Was also my first thought that it looks like a landscape painting, especially the first picture. The hollyhocks caught my eyes in Kids Settlers mod. Not sure what it is exactly but the way they are textured or rendered in game creates such a painting effect. And all the flowers and things are beautifully arranged here of course.

wiscoke

@Nilla those flowers are from kids settlers mod.

angainor88

Wow! This is gorgeous! I'd want to visit this town in real life haha