Author Topic: BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona  (Read 2099 times)

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2020, 06:06:49 AM »
YEAR 67 and 68

the mines need ore lumber.a 2nd DS construction yard is built in the south mine valley. we did get the bridges finished and ran the tracks diagnally across the flood plain.we still need to wind past more mountains farther south to a larger valley.

pic 1: 2nd DS construction yard
pic 2: DS raised tracks across the flood plain.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:31 AM »
YEAR 69

the bannies worked hard o push the tracks south. they did manage to get them ran to the edge of RED valley.however, there is a mountian  in the way.it is in he middle of where we want to make the turn o he western map edge. we are close to where we want to be but the builders are a few tracks short and 1 mountain away from starting the RK railroad town.

since i used DS tracks across the flood plain, i ran them the rest of the way south. you can see there are different height sections to cross rivers.DS has the heights set to work with the chutes from some of the processor factories.his tracks have sharper graphics and do have a subtle gravel texture to the base. note-they are still road walkable. i should mention that if you make a mistake,you do need to wait til the section is finsished before removing them.there is no way to cancel the build for any of the 3 sets.

NILLA,good minds think alike.these were actually taken a while ago. i have played ahead of the blog.

pic 1: height slope down
pic 2: west of start camp overview
pic 3: southwest track overview
pic 4: RED's mountain at the edge of RK valley

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »
YEAR 70 REVIEW

populaion 405,with 86 young children. education has improved to 90%. with 122 houses,we are behind 13.

we are starting to reach the end of this map.progress is steady. the bannies did slow down until they were moved with the indian trading outpost.the bannies do have the regrowth blocked across the flood plain.

we should be able to build the RK railroad town in the next 10 years. if we run short on logs, there are some areas near RED's mountain for forests.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:graphs

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2020, 05:58:12 AM »
YEAR 70 and 71

we ran a diagnal set of tracks to avoid REDs mountain.DS' gravel texture shows up well in the snow. that helped lay them during the fall snow.the tracks are layed thru the mounatin pass into the RK valley.   

we had hoped for pigs or chickens to be  brought. finally, someone caught some ducks for the small pasture in KID town.

pic 1:mountain pass
pic 2: ducks
pic 3:DS gravel that helps you lay tracks in fall and winter.

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »
YEAR 72 and 73

once we get some houses built near RED's mountain,the pace will increase.it took time to get some clearing done and a storage barn built. it is so far to haul materials.       

pic 1:RK town start
pic 2: stone house and another wood cutter,these stone houses costs us more time since it is so far to haul the stones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk