News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trouble with forum

Started by a50, February 08, 2020, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a50

@Vimes

I did not recently try the vanilla test, but I did play the game with MM7 and had no issues.  This was after MM8 was causing problems.  Once MM7 appeared to work fine, I then cleaned the registry and installed MM8 and I am having the issues with the buttons I mentioned on the bottom of page 3.  If no one can inform me as to why certain buttons are currently not working, I could try the RKEC mod.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 16, 2020, 01:34:13 AM
Certain buttons that crash the game when mouse over sounds like an old game version trying to show tooltips with more than 3 building materials. Make sure you have Banished 1.0.7.

Yes, I have Banished 1.0.7.

Thank you both for your comments.

Vimes

As mentioned I don't play with the MM, in fact I'm playing my first Banished game which happens to be modified with the RKEC mod.
I am also using one or two other mods as can be seen in the screenshot.

I can imagine that mods as large as the MM type might stress your system to the point of revealing any instability, not necessarily an issue with the mod directly per se.
I suggested to try vanilla to ensure your system is stable. Then again even a slightly unstable system could play vanilla fine and have issues with more demanding mods.

The RKEC mod, and those others ticked in the mod manager, have been perfectly stable for, IIRC, around 100 years of game time without any issues.

a50

@Vimes

Thank you.  By the way, that is a cool looking program (Download manager).  I looked around the site for it and found an experimental version of it, 0.2.  Is that what you use?

kid1293

a50

@kid1293

Thanks for the link!  I will experiment with this interesting program.

Vimes

It is a very useful utility, if you like to swap out mods to create game profiles. Managing large numbers of mods seems much easier with that tool over that of the built in mod manager.

Hopefully you will find stability with your game soon.

theonlywanderer

@a50

All I can suggest is doing a fresh install of Banished and MM8.01

Try to repair your Direct-X

a50

@theonlywanderer and @galensgranny

I thought you guys might be on to something about a bad file/download, so I redownloaded and reinstalled MM8.01 and everything seems to be working now.  I've played for several years with no issues.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and explanations!

theonlywanderer

@a50

Good to hear!   Some of these glitches can be tough to track down so sometimes you just have to start from scratch.

galensgranny

I am glad you got the problem resolved, a50!