News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bitty smelter?

Started by Jewelz, June 24, 2020, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

So what do you guys use when building a small town and you run out of "iron" and are down to only "iron ore"? Do you use DS forge? or the CC chain and do furnace fuel and all that?

Or is there a third, simpler solution I'm not aware of yet?

kid1293

@Jewelz
You can try this. The Ore Melter is neutral even if the other buildings are not ;D ;D

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=373

Jewelz

Well, I'll be darned, Kid, that's exactly what I was hoping for! I should have known there'd be a Kid Mod for that!

Do you think I'll be able to sneak it into my saved game without it causing trouble? :)

(I was searching "smelter" not "melter," so I did not find it.)

kid1293

I haven't changed anything essential but make a new save before adding it :)

brads3

are are several options. much depends on what i am building. miners use more tools so then i try to make better tools whereas farmers can repair them.

at the start, you have iron ore and stone everywhere. i use the blacksmith tool mod by CC. this gives options of wood,stone,and rough tools from iron ore as well as higher grade options. the blacksmith tool mod works with the mini tool shed and KID's rowhouse blacksmith quite well. to avoid tool shortages due to a material running out,i set different blacksmiths making different tools.this mod is handy for that. forest workers or indians might be using stone tools,  farmers rough tools,and miners using higher grade iron or steel tools.

the RK blacksmith has a nice option to smelt iron or copper.it also can make iron tools from iron ore. plus don't forget KID's farmyards that have many options for clothing,firewood,and tools as well.